Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came across this Forum and because I own a (2) year B-Max 1.5 TDCI DFF 75PS I have decided to join. My first problem was that I got the B-Max with Navigation for Western Europe. Unfortunately Malta is not included! IS there any way I can re-program the Ford SD Sat Nav (V3) card please?

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi and welcome,

This question was asked by (Tewmi?) earlier this month.
I didn't really understand the answers he got (too techincal for me), but if you do the full Forum search for 'Malta' it will bring up the posts involved.

Enjoy your B-Max.

Geri

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi i also have a B max 1.0 Ecoboost Titanium version and like you I tried to re-program the Sd card so i can use it in Malta, unfortunately from Tom Tom they told me that because they just sell the maps they can't help me and suggest me to contact out local dealer. I didn`t stop there and try to contact Ford of Europe and they told me that it might be some updates in the maps in the future but they didn`t guarantee anything.I wish to ask you how are you doing with your B max and I`m really happy with mine. The only issue that I can complain is that the rear doors are heavy.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I am on my second B-MAX now and overall I don't have any issues and have not had any issues you would not expect with a brand new designed model albeit it is based on the Fiesta.

I decided not to get the satnav installed because I have used Tom Tom and prefer Garmin. I can also use the Garmin wherever I go abroad - three weeks time, Bangkok, Malaysia and Singapore so it will be handy in rentals.

There are a lot of open access maps for Garmin and I know there were for Tom Tom which I used on a PDA in many countries. It was even possible to make up your own maps by taking sections from Google maps (I think it was Google) and then joining them up, Software was available for that when I went to Tunisia and needed a TT map.

However, is you Ford satnav tied (paired) to TT? if it is then maybe it will 'know' any card you make up is not a real TT one. As I said, I used software TT maps on a PDA so did not need cards.

You have nothing to lose really by finding the s/ware I refer to and giving it a go for Malta. Maybe clone the original card and change the map but keep the boot files?

As a matter of interest, where exactly is the card slot in relation to the screen?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts