Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On the news over the weekend that Ford is planning to cut slow selling models. They talked about the Ka but do you think the B-Max is at risk too? I don't see many of them around (Which I thought was a good thing) but obviously not if you're in the business of selling them!

This was the only thing I could find that mentioned the B-Max:Farley said the underperforming plant in Craiova, Romania, which builds the slow-selling B-Max subcompact minivan, is still a "very critical part" of the company's operations. "We will continue to look at opportunities for Romania," he said.
http://europe.autonews.com/article/20160203/ANE/160209941/ford-to-cut-jobs-in-europe-to-boost-profits

·
Registered
21 Posts
I see a lot of B Max around Norwich, did not even consider they were a slow seller. Problem with this sector of the market is aimed for the private family in an already crowded area. Price new is high, I bought 2nd hand and with all Ford's they take a hefty hit so unless you intend to keep for more than 7 years does not make economic sense to buy new.Edited by: OLOSTEVE

·
Registered
136 Posts
A good tip at this time of year is to look for dealers selling off their demonstrators, I got my Bmax tdi for almost £6000 under list price and while it was a year old it only had 3000 miles on it and as a demo car it was in top shape.

·
Registered
21 Posts
KeithW said:
A good tip at this time of year is to look for dealers selling off their demonstrators, I got my Bmax tdi for almost £6000 under list price and while it was a year old it only had 3000 miles on it and as a demo car it was in top shape.
Always a good buy. That's the first 2years depreciation taken care of.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sounds like the B-Max might be safe if they can shift extra models to be produced there.

From Carscoops:
Ford is considering building the EcoSport and new generation Ka at is Craiova plant, in Romania, alongside the B-Max, from 2017.

Quoting "sources close to the factory", local paper Ziarul Financiar states that the two models might increase vehicle production at the facility from the current 50,000 units annually to approximately 200,000 - still short of its 300,000 full capacity.

http://www.carscoops.com/2016/02/ford-could-build-new-ka-ecosport-in.html

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.