Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just brought a 03/2013 B-Max 1.6 TD Titanium but I can't find how to programme the MyKey feature. I have watched videos, read articles, but just can't find it !

Having a 19 year old son it was one of the main features of the car I wanted !

Cheers

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Really?

And just what is 'my place' young man?

I replied to the OP who did not say the reply was needed immediately and he replied by pointed out (a little sarcastically but I being a big man let that ride), what I already knew.

Maybe I should have added, "tomorrow" but I felt that was obvious.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Ah, do the members have it, not how to use or how to find which is the way I read the post.

Well, I do not have it and it has never come up on the forum, so the answer may well be a 'no'.

If you do have it, it would be interesting to know from when they started to put it in the B-MAX.

When I searched for information, I did find a video of a father showing his daughter that it was on the display menu but nothing on it's use. I had the impression the Fiestas have it although in Ford's information I did see a mention of the B-MAX which gave the impression they all have it. However, was that UK?

When you scroll through the Information Displays options I take it you do not see a mention as I saw on the video of the father and daughter? If not then I would suggest you don't have the facility either.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks, that's what I feared. I too have seen the smug girl on that video, and that the fiesta defo has it.
Seeing as the B-Max and the fiesta use virtually the same equipment it seems strange!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Dizzy, if you have an occasion to speak to your supplier, would you be kind enough to ask if they know when that facility became available, which models and whether other models are upgradable?

Don't make a special thing of it, I just ask because you actually have it and to date nobody else has mentioned it.

Many thanks

PS Just spoken to one of my supplier group and he says it needs additional hardware. Not sure I trust that reply though.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/ford-mykey-system-explained-13465.html

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
418 Posts
My B Max is four months old, and I have the My Key option. I cannot think of any way it would benefit me, so have not bothered to activate it.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I like idea of being able to set speed warnings, is my 1 year old capable of making use of this aspect?
Does anyone know how to discover this?would be grateful for this info,and how to set this up.
Arm987

·
Registered
418 Posts
To be honest I find speed warnings are a waste of time. I originally set them up on my Tom Tom, only to remove them soon after. The most efficient speed warning are your own eyes, watch the road signs and your speedo. I also think that setting a maximum speed could be dangerous.

However, I think the handbook tries to explain the set up, if you cannot follow the instructions ask your dealer for help.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi again Makem,

My B Max was built in October 2012 and as you are aware on a different post I have not had an up grade for MAP on the SYNC system, SYNCwas already capable of MAP on cars in the UK.

What is required is a mobile phonethat has MAP, which will then allow textmessaging with SYNC, which as you are awareI have recently purchased ( Details on Nokia Lumia/SYNC post )

·
Registered
251 Posts
Wasn't confused,you said in the previous post

'
I am trying to find if the new models have MAP software and if it is a SYNC update. Perhaps you can ask when you talk to a salesman'

My reply related to that

1 - 20 of 27 Posts