Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had a call from the Ford dealership and have been told that the fault with my 9 day old B-Max is due toa sliding door wiring harness cassette failure.

A new part has been ordered but no date of when it will actually be availabe to fit to my car so my car is stuck in the garage until it arrives. I have use of a fiesta courtesy car until my car is fixed.

The dealer said Ford had confimed that this isa know fault and could occur in any b-max built between 9/7/12 and 13/12/13.

Hope this info is usefull for anyone else who encounters similar issues.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The rear passenger side window on my B-Max Titanium stuck half way open and the rear passenger side door completely jammed and could not be opened from inside or outside.

The garage has managed to open the door after a call to Ford Technical Services but the part is not available from ford direct and has had to be ordered from the factory.

Edited by: Dizzyblonde82

·
Registered
54 Posts
Does anyone know how to get hold of the Directors at Ford? I think it's about time they were made aware that their products are becoming poor quality. I've looked all over the Web but the only ones I can find are for the United States.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well my car is still in the garage - a new part arrived at the garage but the mechanic said the part was old and looked like it had been fitted previously to another vehicle. Now waiting for another part to arrive at the garage.

No I had my new car for 9 days and it has now been off the road in the garage for 11 days - totally unimpressed

·
Registered
418 Posts
Perhaps you ought to go on a very very long journey in the Fiesta, so that it hits the potential sale value for six. Your dealer may then get your spare parts quicker. Did you see the part that was supplied; I would have been inclined to ask them to fit that part and exchange it when the new one came in.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't ask to see the part, they thought about taking a part of a B-Max in the showroom temporarily but decided against it as it may have had the same problem and we didn't want to risk the window opening whilst in a public car park.

My husband has just gone to pick up the car from the garage, the new part arrived this morning - hoping we don't have any more problems with the car.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Odd that the original part took about 9 days to arrive, and the replacement no more than two !! I hope it works for you.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Interesting! Though not as bad a your fault as your. But my 2014 model is going in to my Ford delaership to have the drivers side rear door couplings repalced, as during cold weather the door really hard to open and close. Warm weather like we are having now; no problem; sweet as a nut; very starnge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts