Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Never thought it would happen.
I tried to put diesel in my (petrol) car today. Thanks to the clever "Can't put the wrong fuel in" system, I couldn't !

First time this has happened to me. Not concentrating ,(or getting older as my wife claims !!)

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Haha, ive heard of a few people who have done this, though not succummed myself yet.

If a car is filled with the wrong fuel, the tank must be drained, but ive heard of a few people who have realised their mistake after just putting in a gallon or two, then filled up with the correct fuel and got away with it.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am glad to hear that Hywel, it is my constant dread to put the wrong fuel in, I wonder will it work the other way and stop you putting petrol in a Diesel ?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Without having the handbook in hand, or observing the nozzle arrangement except in my mind's eye, I'm finding it hard to imagine how its possible to prevent petrol being put in a diesel car. Is there some sort of notch on the petrol nozzle?
Edited by: desthemoaner

·
Registered
136 Posts
The misfuelling inhibitor consists of a sealed filler pipe insert and fuel nozzle locator that guides the nozzle to the tank opening. The insert contains a mechanically operated diameter detector which only allows the larger diesel fuel nozzle to be inserted into the filler pipe, and locks out the thinner petrol nozzles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.