Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a B Max 2015 with gps and unfortunately in the Wester European maps the Malta map is missing. I tried to contact Tom Tom for any advice because on my SD card there is written that Tom Tom maps are used so I though they can help me in the issue but their answer was that they just sold maps to Ford. I was wondering how can i add Malta map on my SD card because Tom Tom have Malta maps in their devices. I wish to know if someone of you encounter a similar issue with other countries and how can I solve this problem. Is there any other way to see maps on sync 1 besides the build in gps?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Tewmi said:
Hi I have a B Max 2015 with gps and unfortunately in the Wester European maps the Malta map is missing. I tried to contact Tom Tom for any advice because on my SD card there is written that Tom Tom maps are used so I though they can help me in the issue but their answer was that they just sold maps to Ford. I was wondering how can i add Malta map on my SD card because Tom Tom have Malta maps in their devices. I wish to know if someone of you encounter a similar issue with other countries and how can I solve this problem. Is there any other way to see maps on sync 1 besides the build in gps?
Have you tried asking the question in this forum?

http://forums.gpsreview.net/categories/tomtom-car-forum

I use a simple bracket in the CD slot for a Garmin GPS and find their forums brilliant for advice. I expect TT will be the same. It was years ago when I ran TT software on a PDA. I remember with TT I was able to find free maps online, not great detail, posted buy other users. maybe they would work on an separate SD card?

When I traveled, for example around Tunisia by car I used an Android app. for GPS

For my information, could you use any SD card based GP software eg Garmin? I used my Garmin in Malta a few months ago.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I didn't ask the question in the forum you mentioned i will for sure, right now I'm using the Here maps on my Samsung Android and it's fine but i wish to use the build in Gps so when I'm going to use it in Italy I will be already familiarized with the system. Thanks for the forum link.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Tewmi said:
No I didn't ask the question in the forum you mentioned i will for sure, right now I'm using the Here maps on my Samsung Android and it's fine but i wish to use the build in Gps so when I'm going to use it in Italy I will be already familiarized with the system. Thanks for the forum link.
Are you able answer the question, "For my information, could you use any SD card based GP software eg Garmin? I used my Garmin in Malta a few months ago."

In addition, if the Ford GSP uses maps on a TT SD card, where is the slot for it?

I have never seen a B-MAX with satnav so don't know.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't try any other sd card and probably they won't work because the sd card are coded with the system. The gps slot is exactly above the screen,and as soon as you insert the sd card it's start to find the position of the car,because mine doesn't have my country map it's just give you the longitude & latitude.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
That is terrible.

Have you contacted Ford about the problem?

For them to sell a car knowing that part of the installed system cannot be used is a great turn-off to say the least, if not an offence against trade descriptions if you have these in Malta.

They should somewhere have pointed out the defect in affected countries.

It would be interesting to know which countries ARE covered to help anyone who researches the forum before buying.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was told that the Malta map is not going to be in the Western European SD Card that Ford uses in Europe, but because they use Tom Tom maps i assumed that it was not going to be that hard to purchase a Tom Tom SD card with the Maltese map because on their gadgets it's already available. I was told that Ford is adding further countries and hope that Malta map is going to be available shortly. Recently they added the Turkey map. The problem is that our representative is not pushing that hard so that we can enjoy the build it GPS like many other in various countries. Toyota supply their cars in Malta with the appropriate map of the country that the car is going to be issued. I contacted Tom Tom Europe and they told me that they just sold the SD Cards to Ford and what maps are installed in them is just what Ford ordered. Hope that this issue is solved shortly from Ford's end.

I wish to know how a Ford client can contact the Ford Europe for any queries.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the link, i just wrote them my query. I will let you know the outcome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I actually have a Ford Focus but I have same issue with GPS Maps for Malta as those who have a Ford B-Max and this is the closest I have come to some solution in MONTHS. Did anyone find a solution for Malta maps ? I am amazed that Ford Malta did not push hard enough to get the map done. If someone has found a solution kindly tell me. Thanks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi I'm an owner of a Ford B Max with GPS included, I was told from the beginning that Malta is not included in Wester Europe maps, the irony is that Tom Tom does has Malta maps available in their gadgets and Ford uses Tom Tom maps so isn't suppose to be a hard issue to include them in their SD Cards. Ford malta are only interested to sell cars doesn't else.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts