Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Mine went in for another reason and they told me about the recall but could not fix it as they had to wait for parts.

A week later I noticed my front seat belts were not retracting properly and the drivers one had become twisted. When I booked it in for that they again mentioned the recall which may be dealt with when the belts are done.

To date (two weeks after first being told about the recall), still no letter from Ford.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got mine yesterday. Waiting for Saturday appointment with dealer to have done.
Very happy with car. 2300 miles to date, 38mpg. The warm weather seems to be the best "improver" of mpg. 1l eco.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Just a quick question.

Does this recall apply to the Seat heating system or is it some other aspect?

Geriatricus

·
Registered
230 Posts
I apologise for demonstrating my ignorance, but what 'Auxiliary Heater'?

Geriatricus

·
Registered
31 Posts
Received my letter yesterday = right name and address but wrong vin number and reg. number wrong - sent my letter back to Ford and told them to send me another letter with the correct details if applicable.
Someone wrote that this recall could be a ploy to rectify some of the outstanding problems that appear to be wrong with the B-Max - could this be right?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Interesting, I get a really 'hot' spot next to my left leg when the heater' is on even if I have it on cool. Wonder if that is it. Been thinking about taking it back. Must contact the dealer.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Bilbopup said:
Interesting, I get a really 'hot' spot next to my left leg when the heater' is on even if I have it on cool. Wonder if that is it. Been thinking about taking it back. Must contact the dealer.
The dealer showed me Fords picture of where the 'damage' takes place and it is where cable passes alongside a bracket which has a rough edge that may damage the cable. I don't think that would cause a hot spot. The cure is to pad the bracket with special Ford supplied padding. The bracket looked to be forward of the bulkhead.

·
Registered
117 Posts
makem said:
Got my letter today and it mentions that in rare case the cable may overheat but then the fuse would blow.
Thanks for that. Been onto my dealer and he is on the case. As they are a small concern he says they always notify the big dealers first
but hopefully will get somewhere with it. The plactic covering down the side in the footwell gets really hot, so much so that I turn the fan etc and the heater off. I've tested it and even when blowing coller air it still gets hot although not quite as hot as when I want hot air in the cold weather. Hey ho, one way or another it will be fixed. To be honest I've been putting it off, so this is wakeup call.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my letter today only just got my car back from repair you would have thought they might have told me at the dealers!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Philsm1 said:
I got my letter today only just got my car back from repair you would have thought they might have told me at the dealers!
So it may or may not have been done? Or more likely, if they want to gain a few quid, call you in as a separate job.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Got my letter today for the same fault. What beats me is that the dealers knew there was a problem but haven't got the necessary parts to fix it. They have to order them in!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Well, today is Wednesday, the car goes in NEXT Tuesday, if I get told there are no parts for the job after a week of knowing a car is coming in for a specific repair, choice words will be said. Over this period of time, they could courier the parts to the dealer. there is no excuse other then the parts are not in the country.... and to be honest, even international couriering could be achieved in this time.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts