Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Daughter has had a Ford B Max in Frozen White for 3 weeks and it has only done 600 miles. On Friday of last week she was driving home from work andwas splattered with a grit wagon. Several chips have appeared on the bonnet andit has gone down to bare metal. I have been driving for nearly 50 years and I have never known this, particularly on a car that is 3 weeks old.She has been to see the dealer today and they are going to contact Ford this week. My neighbour, who worksfora high profilecar company says that he has never,in his life,seen such a thin layer of paint on a car. This is quite concerning because,although Ford Warranties are a grey area, I do not intend Ford getting out of this without taking some corrective action.I read on the forum yesterday that there are issues with thin paint on the B Max Frozen White colour and I wholeheartedly agree with this.This is my daughters sixth car from Fordand I do think that Ford have got a really serious problem here and do need to rectify it quickly. Apparently there is some device that measures the thickness of paint applied to cars and if we do not recieve a satisfactory answer to this problem from Ford we will go down that route. I would be very interested to hear any one elses comments on this.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ford were contacted about the chips on my Daughters 3 week old car but unfortunately they would not cover it under warranty. However, the dealer/garage where my Daughter bought the car from we're excellent and agreed to remove the chips and to respray the whole bonnet . We are extremely grateful for this and fosters good customer relations. The garage also measured the thickness of the paint and it was in line with Ford standard at 150 microns. Therefore, a satisfactory result has been achieved.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No point in trying to claim against the authority for a grit truck. The dealership were very good and they did the respray at no cost to ourselves as a goodwill gesture and we are very happy with that. We have dealt with the same dealer for many many years.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Sounds like the very best outcome there. Big thumbs up to your dealer for sorting swiftly with no moaning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts