Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HelloI'mone very proud B Max owner that has managed find and fitroof bars and a luggage box to our 2015zetec Ford B Max 1500 TDI. See pictures below.

·
Registered
2 Posts
helloI am a recent owner of a bMax and I found now it is very difficult to use a roof rack

I mean, thule does not sell kit for it, LaPrealpina does with its LP49 but this put me in a doubt if it is really safe to use such kind of roof rack, which model is yours ? does it fit tight ?

Otherwise I already looked for other solutions, for example the Ford original rails costs about 500eur but it should be great or tow bike rack for example the thule express 970
Ford has a promotion for installing a tow at 500eur before september

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Assuming you are asking me:

I had the rails fitted when the vehicle was built and bought the bars at the same time. The rails were fitted 'free' in the vehicle cost. The cost of the rails and bars is whatever Ford retailers charge less the discount you get from your Ford discount card.

I also felt the cost of after market fitting was exorbitant so never fitted them to my previous B-MAX but in the overall cost of the new car it felt less lol.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yeah I understand that buying a new one is better for asking to install for the bars for free, btw I bought an used one so I don't really know what solution to look for

- roof bar, they are expensive (500 ford rails - 200 bars - 200 for two bike carrier)
- tow bar (ford has a promotion for 500euro but I don't know how much it is for the tow to be installed)

- trunk bike rack (I dont' like it very much, also it touch the rear window, about 300-400 the cost)

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Dont use a Ford tow bar.

Use Thule. I also thought of that because I had a tow bar cycle carrier on my Toyota T sport but I gave it all away.

But for folding bikes it is not suitable imo. Currently we put them half in the boot and half on the rear seat. It reduces the luggage space but we cope.

I was given two cycle racks for my roof bars but they were for full size bikes. So I gave them away too. Now I want some kind person to give me a box.

We have a local company who make trailers of all sizes and they also fit Thule tow bars and the single post bike carrier, They are quite expensive but the best way for our cars. Find a local cheaper than ford.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there i bought the box from Halfords and i bought the roof bars on e bay brand new. Theroof bars are universal bars but they were very hard to fit and took a lot ofpatience.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I found there was some noticeable noise when I left my bars on and there would be some mpg loss too.

I have only used the bars once and without load and it seemed to affect the handling but it was windy.

Do you notice any handling problems with the box on or with only the bars?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.