Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,just had a letter from Ford offering free Ford assistance if I get scheduled service
at a Ford dealer, this will be valid until the next service. My bmax will be scheduled 1st. service
Feb.2014. Seems a good offer, as my 1st. yr. Ford assistance will expire then.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I think it is just as well they are free, gasjockey. I used them a couple of weeks ago when a lorry took my offside mirror off. No other damage and very drive able but technically not licit according to the insurance. I called Ford Assist as they suggest they will take all of the worry away. Did they hell!
They said that as the car was no longer drivable (legally with no mirror on that side) it would be in the customers best interests to direct me to the insurance company (Ford insurance) after telling this young herbert that as the customer I was telling him it was not in my best interests and that is what they advertise to do, sort it all out, he left me to the insurance company.
I am glad it was free, as pretty much useless.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I always thought exterior mirrors were not leagally necessary as long as your had a rear view (interior mirror?). Somebody look it up in Con. & Use Regs, please.

I am in Malta enjoying the sun

·
Registered
96 Posts
Makem, it used to be just an internal mirror or an offside external mirror but as you can see "Construction and Use " Regs have changed. My old Land Rover (1955) has no indicators, no wing mirrors, no seat belt and lots more. I keep waiting to be pulled but no one seems interested

Geoff

<table ="LegTable" id="tgp1-tbl1" cellpadding="5"><t id="tgp1-tbl1-tbd1"><tr id="tgp1-tbl1-tbd1-tr6"><td ="LegTDplain" id="tgp1-tbl1-tbd1-tr6-tc1">6</td><td ="LegTDplain" id="tgp1-tbl1-tbd1-tr6-tc2">A wheeled motor vehicle not in items 1 to 5, which is first used on or after 1st June 1978 (or, in the case of a Ford Transit motor car, 10th July 1978)</td><td ="LegTDplain" id="tgp1-tbl1-tbd1-tr6-tc3">
(i) At least one mirror fitted externally on the offside of the vehicle; and (ii) at least one mirror fitted internally, unless a mirror so fitted would give the driver no view to the rear of the vehicle; and (iii) at least one mirror fitted externally on the nearside of the vehicle unless a mirror which gives the driver an adequate view to the rear is fitted internally</td></tr></t></table>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts