Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was looking for the roof rails for the bars price from page 39 of the B-Max brochure. My locale dealer cant find it nor can I on the"t"internet. Have just sent an email to ford uk so fingers crossed. Will post if they get back to me

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had my B max 6 weeks now and still waiting for the rubber floor matts and mud flaps to arrive.

The carpet matts are becoming a right muddy mess!

Ford have launched this car without sorting the accessories out first.

Never seen roof rails or bars on the b max - Have they done aseparateaccessorybrochure now? not just the online stuff??

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I ordered rubber mats 2 months ago. The rear ones have arrived but the front ones are still awaited with no idea when they will arrive. I am using Fiesta mats at the moment.

I have a full carpet mat set for sale cheap!

I need a new headlamp assembly - 'on back order' - no idea when available.

I need a spare bulb set - they don't know which bulb is fitted in the headlamp (choice of two). Anyway, they don't have spare sets so must buy singles to make up a set - for how long?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just had a reply from Ford"Thank you for your email. Please accept our apologies for the delayed
response.

With regards to your query I can confirm that Ford has B-Max
roof rails (aluminium) are available as an accessory. These are required to
attach roof cross bars. Please note this accessory will be available from Jan
2013 and prices will be available from then.

I hope this information has
helped. If you do have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact
us.

Yours sincerely
Ford Customer Relationship Centre"
No Good asking for them for Xmas then.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Since it is now March, have you gotten any further in ordering the roof rails? Any idea what the price is going to be?
I am in Switzerland. The local dealer as well as one in Germany have told me that they can't order them..

Do you know whether a "standard" roof rack can be attached to these rails? Or only the B-Max roof rack seen on page 39? It kind of looks as though the rails don't have a space underneath, which would make it difficult to attach a standard rack.

Regards.
Darie

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hi Darie,
Catto01, asked about roof racks in the 'Technical' thread titled 'Roof Rack' ,which may be of interest

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks!So I take it the items on page 39 of the brochure never materialized as they appear..

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have also used Allen Parts twice now for mud flaps and door sill protectors and saved a lot on normal retail prices. They supply genuine Ford parts on Ebay and Amazon. I will always try them before a dealer
This is their contact from ebay. Tel : 01604 773366 or email[email protected]

<hr SIZE="1" noShade="">

·
Registered
6 Posts
Unfortunately their web site allenparts.com doesn't know about the B-Max yet.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Don't try their website. Try Amazon and Ebay. That is why I mentioned it initially!!!

Type ford B Max parts then look to see who is selling them. You will find Allen Parts eventually

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've used Allenparts for items for my 2 previous cars via greedybay [sorry eBay
], and have always had a good service from them!

I have an order with them at present for wind deflectors for my B-Max. These should have arrived last week,[coming from ClimAir in Poland] but unfortunately, the shipment was damaged on arrival with them, so they notified me, and will ship out once the new batch has arrived. They're about the only parts dealer that seems to value their customers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, all !

We've just ordered an Ink-Blue B-Max Titanium X with Panoramic roof and also saw the roof rails in the Accessory catalogue (want to put my THULE roof box on it), but our Dealer still wasn't able to provide availability or price - apparently, Ford said that prices would be available from Feb 2013 onwards, but even the Dealers are STILL waiting for Ford to release this information, and it's now mid-April !

Our Dealer did suggest that the price could be "about" £300, but that was just a (wild) guess ??!!

If anyone does find out, please Post !

·
Registered
3 Posts
... and since I posted the above, have discovered this nugget from Ford:

http://www.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/FordAccessories/AccessoriesPromotions/RoofTransportationPack

... doesn't seem to indicate roof rails as such, but seems to indicate a "special fit" (?) THULE roof box with associated mounting cross-bars (no rails mentioned) - picture on website is rubbish as it seems to show a "generic" ford vehicle roof displaying a roof box (and cross-bars) only.

Quoted promotional price is (deep breath !) ....£350+VAT !

Oh yes, ready July 2013 !

Edited by: Paul Mc

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ha Ha, Looks like I won't be buying any accessories!!. I go on the Ford site, click on accessories and the next page says "choose your model". Out of the line up of Ford cars I click on B-max. The car moves forward one car length. That's clever thinks I. Nothing happens. I click on the car again. It moves one car length. Yeah.. OK... Now what? Nothing. I give up and come back to the forum. I save££££'s!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts