Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There was a Daily Mail article this morning regarding a new Facebook page called "Ford EcoBoost Nightmare" which is looking for owners of Focus and Fiesta cars who have needed a total engine replacement. Apparently the engines were fitted between 2011 and 2017.

There is (almost inevitably) a conditional fee (no win, no fee) lawyer involved, and apparently 1500 people have so far joined the group. I am not a Facebook customer, and thus do not have access to the page.

My 2013 B-Max Titanium has a 1.0 Turbo (125ps) engine - how can I find out if it is an EcoBoost? Did Ford fit this allegedly defective engine into B-max cars, or was it just Focus and Fiesta models?

Many thanks for all help.

David

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Yes, yours is an ecoboost. The problem is with the degas hose which fails spilling out the coolant and causing the engines to fail beyond repair. An improved hose was fitted to the later models, sp it depends on the year of your vehicle.

Check with your dealer whether you have or need the modification.

Otherwise the ecoboost is a great engine.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Many thanks to you both.

I have owned the car from new, and have not been called in for a recall by my dealer.

The .gov website has no recalls listed, so maybe I am one of the lucky ones with an uprated hose.

I'll pop in and ask next time I am passing.

Many thanks to you both for your help.

David

·
Registered
161 Posts
Open the bonnet and look for a rubber hose which runs from two thirds down of the expansion tank to the turbo. Find the 'FoMoCo logo and next to it should thelettering 'EPDM'. This is the correct hose.As far as i'm aware, it was fitted to B-Max from Job1.
Only Focus and Fiesta are affected.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello Guys,

I am thinking to buy a 2013 used Ford B MAX 1.0 Ecoboost engine with 125 HP.
Can you tell me if the B MAX Ecoboost engines had problems with cooling.
Any recommendations ?

Thanks for the support! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts