Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought our b max titanium x on 13th oct,very nice, good dealer and deal, however six days later battery went flat ,AA sorted it out and booked car into dealers for investigation, next day battery flat again, now with dealer for investigation and we have a courtesy car, car 11 months old 2500 miles ,previously owned by Ford, after reading about the Bluetooth problem I shall mention this on Monday, very interesting, more
to follow.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
One thing I wonder about:

If BT is on and draining the battery then it is searching for the phone/s which is/are syncd. If that is so, then if you take your phone to the car without the ignition on, it should connect?

I remember leaving my car unused for one month plus a few days. When I returned the remote key would not open the car door. I used the key and the car started.

I always thought there was a 'cut-off' point where, if the battery began to become so low it would not be able to start the car, things got turned off one by one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Picked up our b max from dealer after flat battery problem, dealer had fitted a new reversing camera, their was a batch of faulty cameras fitted to a number of vehicles, this seems to have solved the problem.Ford are sending out a Bulletin to dealers about the problem. Car started ist time this morning ,so lets see

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

Glad they sorted you out.

I just noticed this and thought it may interest owners searching for this subject. It comes from 'Honest John'
'29-10-2015: Battery draindown on B-Max found to be caused by moisture ingress to rear parking sensors.'

at this link

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/ford/b-max-2011/?section=good

Geri

·
Registered
18 Posts
Had a problem beginning of year battery went flat it was to do with one of the side door not shut properly the funny thing was cabin light went out when i set alarm - AA came out and jump started car - never had problem again

·
Registered
238 Posts
jackkook said:
Thanks for that link Geri, do your rear parking sensors do the job OK ?
Hello Jack,

As I have only had the car a couple of weeks, I can only report that they beep when something is behind or on the rear quadrants. I have not yet got into a position when I needed to rely on them.

Geri

1 - 10 of 10 Posts