Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,Had my 1.0 ltr ecoboost for about 3 weeks now .64 reg
Last Thursday went to start and just started a clicking noise (battery flat),
fitted battery charger and after short time car started.
put it down to short journeys with a/con on.
went out this morning and couldn`t even unlock car,
opened with manual key,fitted battery starter pack.
car started ok.
battery checked after a good run,11volts and holding.
anyone got any thoughts on problem.
booked in to fords next week.
Cheers ****.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I had a similar problem with mine after not using it for three days when we had snow.
I took it back into Ford, and they said they did a software upgrade. It's been fine since.

If you check the voltage of the battery with the engine running, it should be about 14 volts.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I use mine every day(retired), I parked it at 1400 yesterday and dead as a dodo this morning,1100,have disconnected phone from bluetooth,
battery is on charge so will see what happens.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi, i also have a 64 reg. 1ltr, purchased new and within the first year had the same problem.
Itturned out that the blue tooth was the cause because it was constantly attempting to sync with my phone when it was indoors. The A.A took it to my dealer who replaced the battery and reset the system. No further problems since. Hope you get sorted.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
First place to look is always check that doors are closing properly and that no interior or boot lights are staying on. Next, get an auto electrician to check for battery drain, finally, fit a new battery.

Could also be the charging circuit I suppose.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Charged battery last night , checked alternator that`s putting in over 14v so ok.checked battery this morning and seems to be holding charge ok.
found extra wire from pos terminal that wasn`t original, took out 25amp fuse and nothing has stopped working.
will keep a check on battery over the next few days.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Found out extra wire part of towbar fitting.fitter said leave fuse out and if this cures problem he will move wire so its dead with ign off.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
When I took fuse out reconnected bluetooth,battery went flat.
disconnected bluetooth again all seems ok.
Into Fords Monday so they can sort it..
Thanks for advice. ****.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts