Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone can help please. Over the last few months on a couple of occasions my B Max has had a completely flat battery. Can only open the door with the key in the fob. As soon as I connect a power pack the 4 way flashers start and the alarm is set off, probably due to the fact that is was not opened with the fob? Cannot find anything left on both times. Any ideas would be gratefully received. I hope I have put this in the correct place. Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had this over a year ago. There is a warranty software update to fix this (assuming it's not a new specific fault)Before the update, the battery went flat if the car was not locked as it spent all night searching for a phone and being 'awake' ready for the driver to re-enter.
Maybe worth checking with the Ford dealer.

·
Registered
712 Posts
This was a pretty common problem with early models (which is yours ?). Search for "flat battery" to find earlier posts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply. Did this only happen if it was not locked? As mine was locked both times.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Camper said:
Thanks for the reply. Did this only happen if it was not locked? As mine was locked both times.
Mine was unlocked on that occasion but I believe that others experienced it when locked. There was also an issue with a boot catch not making correct electrical contact and although the car was locked, some of the system was still 'awake'.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts