Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Had My BMax 2 years now and last week the battery was flat. It was so flat that i could not lock the doors. There is no way of looking the doors when the battery gets this flat. The only door that will lock is the drivers door manually but this will not lock the other doors.
too much electrics not enough Manual over ride. They never thought of this problem

·
Registered
264 Posts
I had an issue like this when I forgot to lock the car overnight. In the morning the battery was flat and I couldn't even start it with a booster.It seems that certain phone functions, reversing camera and other sensors kept working overnight, draining the battery. It was eventually started by using two boosters and then fixed by a software update.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have had occasional problems with b-max also draining overnight. I'm on my 3rd battery now after 18 months from new. I use 2 car cameras and sometimes leave my phone in the car...BUT.. The drain from these cameras should be zero as they both have an automatic switch-off after about 5-10 mins. The dealers seem confused by what is happening...not surprising as they took 12 months to be convinced that my retro fitted front sensors weren't working, they finally found the problem after 5 visits. Had to call the AA out only 2 days ago with flat battery and he said there was a residual drain of 1.4 amps. After a boost start with his booster, software got confused and reported a transmission failure. Reset the software and came up OK.
Booked in yet again for a root around by the dealers. Anyone else had battery draining problems?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts