Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupidly left the keys in car last night and side lights on now flat as a pancake

best advice on getting started please as need to get going soon - I have jump leads but am nervous aboutusing

Tango Paul

·
Registered
263 Posts
Why be nervous of using jump leads ?
Straight forward to use or maybe trickle charge the battery overnight ?
You will probably need the radio code and possibly you will need to relearn the window opening procedure.

·
Registered
453 Posts
personally I would use a lithium 'jump pack' but that's just because I have one
a trickle charge is a good idea
unfortunately many modern 'smart' chargers wont charge a really flat battery, - it tries to sense that there is a battery, and its the right polarity, so sometimes an 'old fashioned' dumb charger is required.

but jump starting is still an option, and if you follow the procedure of connect + to +, then - to -, and having the doner car running, it should work. and for disconnection remove - and -, then + and +. you should have no problems.

(unless you have a positive earth car! but that's another story.)

·
Registered
453 Posts
one other point, on the bmax connect the - neg lead to the body terminal, not directly to the battery,
A, because the charge sensing system prefers it that way,
and
B. it is much easier to get to!

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hi,

It may be stating the obvious, but if you have the car serviced by a Main Dealer, you normally get a free at-home rescue service. They call out the AA and it saved my bacon when my battery went flat at the bottom of my 20 degree down drive into the garage. There was no way I could have pushed it up that.

Geri

1 - 5 of 5 Posts