Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Small scratch on the rear stoplight cover/lens
2. Damaged main/dipped beam lens (small white mark on the lens)
3. Condensation inside both rear (door) light housings.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Are you getting Fords to look at them? Could the current cold / damp spell be having an effect on the condensation? I've noticed our house windows are misting up on the outside of the glass this past week which is most unusual

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car will be inspected on Monday and I will insist the parts in question are replaced. To date they have been very helpful. They are replacing a rear high stop lamp because it has an almost invisible 2mm long scratch near a fixing screw.

The internal misting should not occur in a sealed unit unless the seal is damaged. It may be a manufacturing fault in a particular batch but needs to be remedied or it will cause corrosion.

As for the 'damaged' headlight lens, I think somebody had a dirty glove when it was fitted and smeared something white on the lens. That must be removed or the lens replaced. However, I think the whole headlamp housing may be replaced as I cannot see them taking it apart to fit a lens.

The 'damage' can only be seen when the dipped beam is on and you look carefully at the lens as I did when judging where to fit beam deflectors.

I would hope everyone will post their faults so we can all check our cars for similar faults.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The car was checked today and the front offside headlight assembly will be replaced in it's entirety.

The misting inside the hatch door rear lights is more of a problem.

They say that these units, being totally plastic need to be vented to avoid build up of heat. The vent therefore allows some moisture in but this is quickly dissipated when the lights are turned on.

They say that Fords are aware of this and have been for a number of years on all their cars.

I am not happy with that explanation and feel that if moisture gets into the housing then when it is allowed to stay there, possibly for many days, it will cause corrosion eventually.

I will be very grateful if owners could keep an eye on their rear lights, report any similar misting and what their local supplier will do about it.

In the meantime i will attempt to contact Ford direct.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts