Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi B-Max Owners Club,

I'm new to this forum and haven't started a thread before but hopefully somebody out there can help me.

I have a 2013 FORD B-MAX ZETEC TDCI 1498cc DIESEL and there is a problem with heating system. I can turn the power up from off to 4 and you can hear the motor kick in and get stronger every time I increase the power although nothing comes though the air vents, just a small dribbles if it's turned off. Its the same for all of them windscreen, middle & feet. Also on occasion the air becomes warm although 98% of the time it pretty cold. I have looked around the internet and there is mention of the heater blower motor resistor being faulty although as all 4 settings work I don't think it's that (could be wrong).

As I commute 45 miles each way to work i'm sat in my car with snow boot, thick coat, gloves you could wear at the top of Everest and hat at the ready, I'm not really relishing the next 4 months. Wondered if someone can push me in the right direction without spending £100's at the local Ford garage. Also my brother-in-law has a diagnostic checker and it's all clean on that front.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
453 Posts
since the blower fan seems to be spinning but not blowing...
first guess, the air inlet to the system is blocked. (ie full of leaves etc)
second guess, the fan on the blower isn't properly attached to its motor.

·
Registered
453 Posts
thinking about it, first thing to do is change the cabin filter. (aka pollen filter)
this vid gives an idea as to where it is, though this is on a left hand drive car
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYi4fG6DajA[/ame]

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Seen this a few times and each time it has been clogged pollen filters

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all replies vet helpful and I will have a look at the pollen filter.

Regarding other questions

Is it the same if you select auto or max ? Yep it sounds like the fans are on although nothing is coming through the vents except a trickle like the fans are not on.

Does the air still go through the filter if it's on recirculate? Nope doesn't come through the vents whatever I do (an believe me I think I've tried every combination.)

One other thing that I noted is that the trickle of air that does come through is cold even if I have the temp on full, would the pollen filter cause this as well?

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Cold air coming through when the heater is set to hot and the engine is warm may indicate low engine coolant level or an airlock in the cooling system.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi All,

I've tried to remove the cabin filter and it looks like it is that as I can feel air flow behind it although looking at the you tube video it looks really easy on a left hand drive although it's in the same place for a right hand drive and when I try and remove it there is a metal bracket that won't let me bring it all the way and it looks to be fixed pretty sturdy, anybody have any thoughts. I don't really want to take it to a garage as I am guessing it will be expensive. Iv'e attached a photo which may hopefully help.

Attachments

·
Registered
453 Posts
can you take a photo to give a little more 'context' ie how far away from the pedals etc, and what the bracket looks like.

current guess is: it might be an aftermarket pre-heater, but usually I would expect one of those to be under the bonnet.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The filter will come out I promise you! I changed mine in the summer. You need to bend it somewhat and apply a bit of force. The same applies fitting a new one. It does spring back into the correct shape once fitted in it's housing.
Let us all know how you get on with this; if there is little or no air flow through the vents, it could be a stuck flap or the stepper motors are not working.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi All, thanks for all your feedback and help. I've managed to change the carbon filter ( was concerned it would break but for the first time in my life heavy handed worked ) and my coolant was slightly low so topped up. I know have fans that work with warm air flowing. Truly thank you for all your comments and help, £25 and all sorted. Guessing Ford would have asda a 0 to the end. I'm about to put my snow boots away. 😁

1 - 12 of 12 Posts