Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody - this is my first post as I am waiting for my car to be delivered, I ordered it on the 9th Sept. I am a little worried about delivery time as I have just heard that the Romanian factory is to be closed for 13 days during November. The last message a week ago from the dealer was that the car was being 'configured' as I am having sat nav and rear camera. Any ideas as to how long delivery will actually take, the dealer says 12 weeks from order.

Thanks for any help as I am getting a bit anxious.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Have you read of all the members problems with the B Max. Is this an ideal opportunity to cancel your order ?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
As I understand it they are stopping production for a little while because supply is outstripping demand, hopefully this should mean that you will not be delayed by this action.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all of the responses but having looked at all of the problems with the B Max described on the forum and knowing the problems that I had with one of the apparently most reliable cars, a Lexus, I will stick with the B Max order particularly as I would loose my deposit. My dealer did not know of the factory shutdown but blamed the delay on the fact that I had ordered Sat-Nav! I am just hoping that the car arrives soon or I will have to pay out for a major service on my existing car which is being taken in part exchange.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Pete, the last thing I would do is perform a major service on your part exchange. You were obviously led to believe that your new B Max would be delivered prior to this service being due, so I am sure that this service is the responsibility of the dealer. If you made an agreement with them to arrange the service yourself, beyond a certain date, then this may well be the reason for the delay !!!
Rear cameras are great, but have yet to find an inbuilt sat nav that is efficient as a tom tom.

·
Registered
11 Posts
No doubt some people do have problems, but all I can say having a B-Max for just over 2 months is that it is a great car. I have the 1.0 litre engine in Titanium trim. It is a great car to drive, very quiet, firm but good ride, good economy, long journeys about 52 mpg, and the rear sliding doors are a boon in car parks. And the Sony DAB radio/Cd has great sound quality!

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
You do sometimes find forums are full of issues which can put some people off - thankfully most are driving around loving their cars. In fact, I think I'll start a 'Why I Love My B-Max' thread next..

·
Registered
418 Posts
Yes Dan that is right; people like to discuss their problems, but rarely mention their satisfaction.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi TJW,

What sort of driving are you doing to get 52mpg ?

I have the 1.0 eco boost and although I can get about 48mpg on a long run I am only averaging 35mpg on local town driving. It has 4500 miles on the clock.

I am a little disappointed as I bought it on the strength of its advertised mpg.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I one owned a Damlier V8 it pured like a kitten and when you pressed the starter(no need to turn a key)the engine
burbled but it drank petrol at a shocking rate. I met a fellow owner and after all the nice things were said I mentioned I was getting around the 20sMPG. Imagine my surprise when he said he was returning about 30 MPG.
I asked "how" he looked me straight in the eyes and said "easy you just lie a bit harder".
Now I am not suggesting our friend is telling porkies but he could be doing a bit of leg pulling!!!
It seems to me after all the fancy talk about MPG and how wonderfull the 3 pot is as with all other makes of cars the diesel wins the day with the 1.6 leading the way. I understand that this is same engine that is in the Picasso and in a few other cars no doubt it is a cracker. My own is the 1.5D(the only diesel at present that Ford actually makes)and returns a faithfully 47/48 mpg general running with in excess of 50 on a long run must confess am very happy with this. If you really concentrate on driving with a very light right foot and spend every minute of driving thinking ahead then all things MPG wise is possible,but me I think there is a better way to enjoy my BMax. Happy driving.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have at last information on the delivery time for my B Max. I gave up on the dealer and went back to Ford Retail who quickly found that my car is awaiting both Paint and the Sat nav and that the earliest delivery date to the dealer is the 21st December. That is 15 weeks after order, presuming that the dealer can prepare it immediately. I suspect that I will not get the car until after Christmas.

I am very frustrated.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
At last some action from by dealer Brunel Ford in Weston super mare.The car that I ordered( Titanium 1.00 eco 100 with sat nav and reverse camera in blazer blue)at the beginning of September is still awaiting Sat Nav and would you believe it - paint, with the earliest delivery date of the 21st December. It seems very unlikely that I will receive it before the new year. Normally I would complain but just stick it out however my brother has a terminal illnessand the lack of the B pillar would make it easy for him to sit in the front of the car with his portable oxygen machine being able to be placed behind him with out disconnecting the supply. So I have been hassling the supplier without success until I heard from them today when they offered to find a replacement car. They warned me that it would be impossible to find one with Sat Nav and the reversing camera that I had ordered.They initially came up withsame engine in silver to which they would fit rear parking sensors but it would cost me more on my contract payments because the final value would be reduced this despite costing £500 less than the one that I ordered. I refused and they came back with another silver one but with the engine that I originally wanted but could not afford, the 120hp, and with the city pack. My payments will increase but this time in line with the extra cost of the engine. I await the contract tomorrow as the car will be ready to collect by the end of the month, I just hope that they have done their sums right.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Re mpg of the 3pot model

Let's do a bit of guessing.

First no heater a/c or the like tyres a little harder,single long journey being carefully not to exceed much more than 2000 revs a very very light right foot,oh, and a tail wind would help. With very carefully driving most things are possible just don't believe all you read,and to be fair all of the good reports on cars do give real mpg not mfc., claims.

Decent mpg will only be achieved with a diesel my 1.5D returns a steady average of 47mpg,and I like my A.con and heater and all other bells and whistles. On a long journey trip meter returned to zero I get a full 53mpg.

Best advice,if you enjoy your motoring don't even look at the MPG,old saying. If you believe all you read you will eat all you see.
Arm987

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a car - not the one that I ordered but I have one!! It's a silver Titanium 1.0 125 eco boost.
I collected it from Brunel's in Weston Super mare and drove the 80 or so miles home. What an amazing engine, the performance and flexibility matched the 2ltr diesel that it has replaced albeit in a much larger car. This car is Fun to drive. I managed 40mpg onthe cross country route home, not quite the 43 I obtained from my old car on the outward journey but quite acceptable for a new car.I am looking forward to getting to know this car.

What a shame that Ford made the whole purchase experience so unenjoyable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts