Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 125 PS B-MAX Titanium petrol with roof bars and roof rack.

I am considering taking 5 people (includes driver) touring the EU. As there is little boot space for 5 peoples luggage even if we take bare essentials, I am considering a roof box.

Even with an aerodynamic shaped box I appreciate the consumption will go up but am wondering if anyone has driven with these constraints and what the experience was like.

I have driven with 5 people on board but never with them and a roof box.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Andymayo said:
No experience but might be tricky to handle with all the weight, may need to reduce tyre pressures?

I think increase tyre pressures to that in spec. would be required.

Handling should remain similar except for tipping over on roundabouts lol

No, I don't think handling with load within the spec. should change much if at all except for acceleration.

·
Registered
265 Posts
makem said:
Andymayo said:
No experience but might be tricky to handle with all the weight, may need to reduce tyre pressures?

No, I don't think handling with load within the spec. should change much if at all except for acceleration.
Reminds me of many years ago with an old upright Ford Popular. With a few lads on board, we would often flip over on a particular roundabout in Ipswich, hop out, push it back upright, and carry on.
"Such Fun" to quote Penny in Miranda.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
number6 said:
makem said:
Andymayo said:

Reminds me of many years ago with an old upright Ford Popular. With a few lads on board, we would often flip over on a particular roundabout in Ipswich, hop out, push it back upright, and carry on.
"Such Fun" to quote Penny in Miranda.

The three wheelers were prone to wiping the road with the doors, anywhere!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know it can carry 5 people and I know it can carry 5 people and a load totalling up to its design limit.

What I don't know is how it handles that, hence I ask for 'experience' rather than guesses which I can guess myself.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts