Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

My engine still runs sometimes when I have turned the key of and removed it,The only way it stops is to open the glove compartment.
I know this sounds crazy also when this happens the passenger air bag sign lights up on the dash
Has anyone ever had this.

(2015 1.6 auto titanium)

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'd be interested to know how you figured out that opening the glovebox stops the engine. This has got to be a first !!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
This is one of the oddest things I have heard. It will be interesting to see how Ford manage to resolve unless this is a wind up. In this respect, I note that the OP only joined on 10th July and this is his only post.Edited by: cianpars

·
Registered
453 Posts
I doubt its a wind up, whey too specific.

I have seen the situation of a car running without the key a couple of time in kit cars and classic cars...
[one was: electric fan, with thermostat and override]

my guess is that he has an extra wire to charge a phone or similar, and that is backfeeding (powering) the circuits

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I guess you may be right Gremlin. It's just that we have had a troll on the forum of late and I was wary.

Being a diesel, it doesnt presumbly require an ignition circuit or spark plugs to run it, so I wonder id that has something to do with it.

The bit that foxed me was the glove compartment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Mate

It was just that I was trying to find the fuse box behined the glove box,Just a fluke really,
I beleive the way to re-set the electronics (CPU) is to turn the key 3 times on off but not actually turning the engine over just the dashboard display.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
The usual way is to disconnect the battery, leave it for 30 minutes or so, then reconnect. This will make most cars perform a full reset to the best of my knowledge.

·
Registered
106 Posts
An overfull sump can cause a diesel engine to run on of its own accord.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts