Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed the engine shaking on idle, it's quite scary. Is this normal? I have just had the catalyst and gearbox mounting bush replaced by Ford. Just touching the accelerater a fraction stops it. It also doesn't shake when on auto choke from cold.

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
I would check the engine mounts for splits in the rubber bushes and replace as needed. If they are in good order then check to make sure the mounting bolts are tight.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ford checked all fixings. All good. Technician did say because the bush is new and tight may well contribute to vibration. Suggest I run the car for a few weeks to allow loosening up, if I'm still not happy they wil replace the bush.

·
Super Moderator
358 Posts
I think the "technician" found a way to climb out of the hole he was in without making it any deeper.
A new bush would stop any excess vibration and movement not create more, that is what they're designed to do, i would take the car elsewhere to have it checked over.
Personally i never trust main dealers, i always use a reputable "back street garage" they do a good job for a reason, they want repeat business.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Wiggy
Think I might do just that. In fairness to them he would happily replace the bush if I'm still not happy.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It could possibly be running on two cylinders on tick over. Starting from cold normally increases rpm at idle, similar to you touching the throttle. I’d take it to a reputable garage.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi pegleg. Pretty sure it's not that. No vibration when idling only seems to be when a accelerating., ford mechanic did say all EcoBoost engine shake to one degree or another.

·
Registered
188 Posts
If the dealer disconnected the battery, it often takes several miles for the engine management to re-learn itself.
Could this possibly be the cause of the shaking?

Reactions: Gremlin

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi pegleg. Yes I think he did because I had to adjust the setting on the audio as they had all reverted to default. I have covered over around 250 miles.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts