Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. When I turn my 2013 Bmax on, it flashes the engine oil pressure low on the screen and then disappears. It happens every time I turn the car on. Is it just a faulty sensor or something? Shouldn't the light stay on if the oil pressure was actually low?

·
Super Moderator
568 Posts
Check the level on the dipstick.
and change the oil filter.
note most oil filters have an anti drain 'valve' (actually just a flap of rubber over the feed holes) and these can fail
also if it is a turbo engine; do it much sooner than later
other engines should be a little more forgiving

·
Super Moderator
366 Posts
Have you checked to see if the "fault" is actually the car testing the circuit to make sure all is well ?
It could be the sensor being given a signal and the signal being sent back to cofirm it is working correctly.
Ask a local dealer or independant garage if they can shed some light on it for you.
As long as the message does not stay on, and the car drives ok, then i would say you have little to worry about.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Have you checked to see if the "fault" is actually the car testing the circuit to make sure all is well ?
It could be the sensor being given a signal and the signal being sent back to cofirm it is working correctly.
Ask a local dealer or independant garage if they can shed some light on it for you.
As long as the message does not stay on, and the car drives ok, then i would say you have little to worry about.
But it's strange. If it's testing it, it should to it in the background. It shouldn't just come on and alert me oil pressure is low and then disappear. I'll ask the garage. Thanks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Check the level on the dipstick.
and change the oil filter.
note most oil filters have an anti drain 'valve' (actually just a flap of rubber over the feed holes) and these can fail
also if it is a turbo engine; do it much sooner than later
other engines should be a little more forgiving
I'm going to try this today. Let you know how I get on.

·
Super Moderator
366 Posts
Each time you start a modern car, every sensor and electronic part is given what is called a "Handshake" to ensure it is operating as it should.Most are checked without you even realising it but others will display a message on screen for a brief moment, then if all is well the message turns off. We have a similar set of events happen each time we start the vans we drive at work ( Transits ) so it could be a "Ford thing".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.