Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Further to my post yesterday concerning engine momentarily cutting out followed by loss of power. The dealership did call me back eventualy and asked me to get the b.max to them a.s.a.p. I took it there as requested and had super friendly service and the cause of the problem was FOUND. The alloted technition carried out a lengthy test drive during which the fault re occured. He was then able to downlode the cause as being a problem picked up by the sensor between the ecoboost and turbo control. It was quote "a connection between a flexible hose and a pipe at the rear of the engine where the clip had
NOT been installed correctly during manufacture, so allowing air to be drawn in which confused the sensor control" He additionly thought that having rectified the fault it would allso improve my m.p.g.

·
Registered
315 Posts
I am pleased to hear of a positive result.

·
Registered
54 Posts
That may be interesting for other B-Max owners, especially the fuel consumption reference (my mileage also is nothing to write home about
). If you know exactly where that pipe connection is, can you send a picture
?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Nick, sorry but can only repeat what i was told, i was not shown where the affending pipe was located, only "that it was at the rear of the engine" but i will google it and see if any further info is available.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well done makem. I could not get any usefull information when i googled it, so thanks for the pic, hope it helps others. Went on a bit of a run yesterday and my m.p.g. is also improving, so that is a bonus. I am now looking forward to making the most of our B max in future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts