Ford B-Max Forum banner

Electronic service book ?

12K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  hallii 
#1 ·
I was looking for our service book today. The one where you get stamps after service jobs done. Ford told me "it's not there, all electronic now".

I am not a big fan of "all in the cloud", since electronic information can disappear without a trace, and can be locked away.

So, do anyone know if a car owner has access his own car service book ? I did find Ford ETIS which has a lot of detailed info on my car (including options, software versions etc), but I could not register there.

I miss the old Mondeo's service book. Plain paper. Just worked.

#3 ·
I thought I would revive this older post. I do not have a Service Book or anything with "Ford Assistance" on it.
I found this on Ebay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FORD-SERVICE-BOOK-KA-FIESTA-FOCUS-MONDEO-B-MAX-C-MAX-S-MAX-GALAXY-ETC-CG2147-/171061719809

Has anyone any idea whether we should have a service book with stamps etc in it?

Or do dealers hold the record on computer so that we feel obliged to go to them for service?

If the dealers do hold the records on computer and we do not have a paper record with stamps on it then just for the sheer bloody mindedness of it I will go to a local non Ford for service and buy one of the ebay books.

Geoff

#4 ·
These are the documents I was given when I collected the vehicle. The salesman brought the Ford document holder and it's contents from his office. They were not in the car. Whether that is relevant or not i don't know.

That is the book in which are the dealer service stamps

That is the contents page from the above book. It lists the Scheduled Maintenance Record.

That is the dealer stamp made at the cars first service. There are 11 pages for stamps.

There was another book in the pack which had an identical front cover to that shown above. However, the contents were different:

I hope that this can be shown to those dealers who did not supply a service record.

Send me a message via my web page and I will send the actual scans for printing if necessary. (1 month only)

Edited by: makem

#6 ·
Thanks Makem, I have just phoned my dealer and they are adamant that the "new" system is that of putting it all on the computer. There is no physical document involved according to them.
I will get a print out etc when I have a service and that is all.

Maybe I should contact Ford Customer Don't Answer Dept?

Geoff

#8 ·
makem said:
makem said:
Send me a message via my web page and I will send the actual scans for printing if necessary. (1 month only)
Sorry that part of the page is down until I can sort why the change of email address in the ContactMe.pl file is creating an error. (Anybody have experience in that field?)

Ask here instead please.
Corrected. Messages are working again.

#10 ·
hallii said:
Thanks Makem, I have just phoned my dealer and they are adamant that the "new" system is that of putting it all on the computer. There is no physical document involved according to them.
I will get a print out etc when I have a service and that is all.

Maybe I should contact Ford Customer Don't Answer Dept?

Geoff
Phone 01277253000 and ask for the B-MAX Team.

They were very helpful to me.

#11 ·
Specialk said:
I have the same documents that Makem has, but unless you specifically want a stamp in the book, you will receive the service report with the mileage and date on anyway.

Can you not just keep these as proof of work ?
I have no documents relating to the "Service Portfolio" at all. I have no info. regarding pre delivery inspection, warranty, and so much more. Digital records are fine, but I want my stamped copy, anyway I want all the other info. as well. I don't even know how the warranty system works, as I have nothing in writing.

So yes, a print out will be fine, as long as I have all the other info. and a book that can be stamped.

I might just buy one, £9 on ebay but I don't think I should have to, penny pinching springs to mind.

Geoff

#12 ·
hallii said:
I have no documents relating to the "Service Portfolio" at all. I have no info. regarding pre delivery inspection, warranty, and so much more. Digital records are fine, but I want my stamped copy, anyway I want all the other info. as well. I don't even know how the warranty system works, as I have nothing in writing.

So yes, a print out will be fine, as long as I have all the other info. and a book that can be stamped.

I might just buy one, £9 on ebay but I don't think I should have to, penny pinching springs to mind.

Geoff
My car goes in for the day on Monday to have a new seat-belt and 2 software upgrades.

I know the service staff very well and can ask them the official position about documents. They sell the B-MAX but I did not buy from them so I can compare what they say with what I got from my supplier and see what they comment.

Btw. did you phone the B-MAX team at Ford?

#13 ·
Hi Hallii,

Obviously the info I have does include warranty information, and I am sure you should have these

but when I picked the car up Iasked
why the service book was not stamped to say the

pre delivery inspection had been carried out.

Now I know that all Ford dealers should adopt the same systems under the Ford name, however,

the reason it was not stamped is because it was done
separatelyon the masses of paper they

hand over to you when you pick the vehicle up. I have an A4 piece among the others papers

to explain
that the pre delivery had been completed. I am
not
100% sure why it does not go into

the book but when I bought my Juke before this car, my personal details were not in the service or

handbook and I was told that they had stopped doing this in case the car was stolen and the

person who had stole it would not have your name and address to give to the police if stopped.

#14 ·
Makem, I haven't phoned the Bmax team as the people I am speaking to have promised to ring me back on Monday with a definitive answer. They have given me a direct number. I will wait until the promised phone call ands see what happens, then I might phone the BMax team.
My dealer has sent me a copy of the internal invoice for the PDI and promised a copy of any computer files for any service work carried out.

I don't have any issues with my dealer, they are pretty good really, I tend to believe what they are saying
and that Ford do not supply the "Service Portfolio" so they don't supply it with the Bmax, but they do supply it with all other models of Ford car! Strange eh?

Geoff

#15 ·
Reply from service agent:

Some Ford cars (all models) are coming in with service stamp pages and some are not. Apparently Ford are phasing out the stamping to rely on an electronic print-out. However we do not know yet how to access that. It may be a web page the the customer can access similar to the USA one for Sync which you can sign up to. We wish Ford had sorted this much earlier to avoid customer complaints.

Me: I suppose these service page booklets will come with some cars until the stock is exhausted.

#16 ·
Well, I got my return phone call, and I still have had no definitive answer to my question "Should I have one or not?" I was simply told "Your dealer should have rung you" I got a bit more assertive at this point, not rude or angry, I don't do angry
anyway, now the BMax team is to be contacted to see if they can give a definitive answer.
My suspicion is that no one knows! As Makem says, some have some have not.

I will wait for a few hours and then phone the direct number. I have "the bit between my teeth" now, and, bulldog like, I will not give up, I have researched the address for Ford HQ, just need to find the CEOs name now

Geoff

#18 ·
At last! an answer.
I did phone the BMax team and spoke to someone who knew all the answers.

It seems that the plan to go digital with the service records has been put on hold, as a result the Service Portfolio has been reinstated and should be with every car until further notice.

The dealer should be asked to read the letter ref. PS 12/138 which explains to the dealer the procedure to follow.

Result! I will get my book and anyone that hasn't had one should get one as well. (At least until the digitalisation is fully sorted).

Thanks for the phone number and info. Makem.

Geoff

#19 ·
Hmmm, I was issued with a service booklet and the other hard copy guides at initial handover, and when I had my Bmax given its first 12500 mile service this morning HendyFord Eastleigh entered the service in my booklet.

I always thought a service booklet was standard issue.

#20 ·
I also got a service booklet on delivery, but had to ask for the PDI etc. to be filled in.
It is first service time this week-end, and I certainly will make a noise if they try to ignore the booklet.

Will also make sure that the little box 'Paintwork checked' is ticked off.

Apart from software updates, is there anything else anyone can think of to request?

Geriatricus

#21 ·
To be honest if I was buying a used car, I would prefer to see a history of invoices rather than a book with stamps in it, or for that matter a computer log. Invoices clearly indicate dealer address, VAT number, date of work, mileage, and an itemised account of all the work done. There is no chance of forgery by way of fake or stolen stamps. Neatly kept in a document wallet they are priceless.

#23 ·
Just to finish this one off, I am pleased to report that my brand new "Service Schedule" booklet dropped through the door yesterday. The dealer rang me up in the afternoon to make sure I had got it.It is filled in with the PDI and other details.

Mydealer contact tells me that they have "about 100 others to do", serves them right! They should have read the letter from Ford

Geoff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.