Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help? I have only had my B Max for 5 days, and today the mirrors simply refuse to unfold! They have never been folded manually - always electronically. I have tried to open them as normal when opening the car with the fob, and manually. The result is the same - they will not budge!

If it has not sorted itself by the morning, I will return to the dealership, but it is bugging me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
when you say manually you mean the button on the adjuster drivers door?? for mirror

have a read in the user manual for system settings on your media screen a setting in the cars menu has a toggle on/off for powerfold mirrors...may be worth a shot I had a similar issue thankfully didnt leave dealership till they showed me what to do on day of collection.

if not it's a warranty issue so they should sort any mechanical/electrical issues anyhoo

Edited by: philnicandamy

·
Registered
418 Posts
May be a simple error on the door toggle. The left / right mirror adjustment control must be in the central position, so that when you try to adjust the mirror position nothing happens. Press the fold button and in that position it should work, the fold button being the one in the six o'clock position.
Good luck.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hi
My 2015 Zetec has powerfolding mirrors, and I have had moments when I have accidentally folded them using the manual position (caught the switch when in centre position) and wondered why they would not unfold on opening the door with the keyfob.

Geri

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi B-Maxers!

I regards to the previous old post: it's by design - if the mirris are manually folderd wiuth doorside button [mirror down] it won't be unfolded on remote door unlock request.

I'd like to add soemthing about my curret issue.
Have some weird behaviour of the folding mirrios. It started with driver one not unfolding, then driver one doed completely . Now i have only pssenger one working and to fold it manually i need to press the button twice on the door. And whe manually foded it should not be unfolding when car is unclocked from remote... it is unfolding.

Hope there is someone who knows how it works and where to start diggins to fix the whole feature.

Thx.
Kr,
Y.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Our 1.6 auto has a pretty basic configuration, but the mirrors stiil fold when car is locked.
As said previously, It may be how the button is set on the driver's panel. ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts