Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question regarding tuning the EcoBoost: should I be worried a tune might grenade the gearbox? The IB5 is built for 170nm of torque and a stock 125hp EcoBoost already has 170nm from the factory, and the last thing I want is breaking our car.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Last May I was in touch with a reputable company about re-mapping my BMax 125. By software upgrade it would give an extra 48bhp and 45lb/ft torque. Their guarantee was that the engine and drive train would be maintained within safe tolerances. I was given a price but hasten to add I did not proceed with it - the standard engine is sufficient for me!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Last May I was in touch with a reputable company about re-mapping my BMax 125. By software upgrade it would give an extra 48bhp and 45lb/ft torque. Their guarantee was that the engine and drive train would be maintained within safe tolerances. I was given a price but hasten to add I did not proceed with it - the standard engine is sufficient for me!
If anyone wants details contact me by private message

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I put tuning aside for now as i'm unsure the IB5 will hold up to the elevated power. Is it worth changing the hard pipe from the turbo hot side to one made out of stainless, like this one?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I have to say if I were tuning a car, I wouldn't start with a bmax...
fiesta would be better.

however almost all 1L ecoboost fiesta tuning kit would work with a bmax 1L

·
Registered
266 Posts
Remember to inform your insurance company if you do the mods otherwise your car insurance will be invalid.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Remember to inform your insurance company if you do the mods otherwise your car insurance will be invalid.
I'm in The Netherlands, we don't have stupid regulations like that here thankfully.

@Gremlin so the pipe should fit? Cool, I guess i'll get one after Xmas when postal services have slightly saner rates than now. (30 pounds shipping from the UK for a pipe, no thanks)

·
Registered
459 Posts
I guess i'll get one after Xmas when postal services have slightly saner rates than now. (30 pounds shipping from the UK for a pipe, no thanks)
post/parcells to NL after new year is likely to be 'sub-optimal' ie 'completely screwed up' due to brexit...

but yes the pipe should fit

1 - 9 of 9 Posts