Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

apologies if this has been answered before, but I didn't find anything with the searches I did.

At the moment I have a 125hp B-Max and love it. However it is 6 years old and I want to turn it over soon (finance is also running out, so advantages to do it ASAP) for a newer model (2017?)

Not too many 125hp ones available, so I was wondering about going with a good spec 100hp model and doing the engine remap later.

I understand that the 100 and 125 versions are mechanically identical, just different programming. I think the 125+ versions of the engine (as per tuned Fiestas) sometimes have physical modifications like air filters/air boxes and so on.

There are a number of companies selling the reprogramming services.

Has anyone done this? Any issues?

Will I invalidate my warranty and/or have trouble with Ford? (it will be under finance and probably serviced at the dealer).

·
Registered
482 Posts
the 125hp engine is only different above about 4,200 rpm, dependant on you driving it may not make any difference

many insurance companies will not insure a car that has been 'chipped'

there are a few 140 hp variants around, (the colour models), see if you can snatch one of them ;-)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have seen a 'white' edition (black roof, mirrors, and wheels) but one look at the black alloy wheels turned me off...

I know that I'll have it a month before I rub one of those along a kerb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts