Ford B-Max Forum banner
21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I think I too will hassle the dealer. With price at the moment per Litre, there needs to be an 'anti system' of some sort fitted in the neck pipe, or perhaps Ford thinks everyone has a locked garage!

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have checked my Titanium, it is just the same, no lock...

I'm very unhappy about this, it needs to be taken further, they seriously need some bad press, and sorry to harp on, but like the temp. gauge, it's just mindless penny pinching....

John.

P.S. Can we all start using either a short nickname or first name, to sign off, it makes replies a whole lot easier , and more friendly?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi John,

Don't know about mindless 'Penny Pinching' - hasn't that always been the case
?

YES, FORD do need to address this, thing is how do we approach them
!

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have just rung Ford, not the dealer, the head offices for the UK... I explained the situation, and how people still can get things in and out of the tank, and that their own company in the US has a part number that addresses this issue, and they said : -

1: The american part number8U5Z-9C268-B would not work on UK Ford vehicles
2: The system in place issufficientand that I would need to have proof of it being able to be circumvented.
3: They have had no complaints from any customer about thecap lessfuelingsystem to date.

Basically .... go away you're bothering me sort of attitude. So what I have now asked them to provide me with, is an official letter saying that the fuel system is faultless and no locking cap is needed, and noone can retrieve fuel from the tank or contaminate the fuel in the tank of ANY vehicles Ford currently sells, with thecap lessfuel system.

Then, if / when it does happen and I have to put the car in for repair, I will wave this letter at them and request for compensation or free repair of the vehicle.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well done D_Z

If you do get a reply
, it might be an idea to post it on the site - having removed personal details etc
, in order for all the members to use as required
!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Nice one! But I think you will be waiting a long time for a securityguaranteeletter!

I had a look at the Ford owner's thread, unfortunately they all startedarguingthe toss and itdescendedinto farce!

There is a much stronger consumer rights structure in the U.S. I believe, that's why they have been forced to do something. I doubt Ford Uk will do anything unless they are forced to. Maybe we will have to set up a demo!

John.

·
Registered
637 Posts
when they said "noone has complained", I thought right, we'll get the club members together (from this site, (UK members)) , pick a day, and then all call in repeatedly to complain... even get the people over at FordOwnersClub to join in, and also the Kugaownersclub, who have all expressed the same sadness over the situation.

Operation : "Fuel'less tank system"

But anyway... they said they will send me a letter, and as John51 has said, I will not hold my breath waiting for it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well it is no wonder they 'think' they have no complaints. I penned an email to them on the internal Ford site system and each time it was rejected with a note to say they knew about it and it would be rectified soon. This is what I said:-I have the new B-Max Studio. I am
concerned about the 'Easy Fuel capless system' and just how secure it is. The
funnel provided is extremely basic and it seems to me that any strong tube of
equal diameter could be inserted and thus gain access to the fuel. Is there any
other mechanism that prevents syphoning of fuel. Inserting such a tube would
also allow material to be introduced to the fuel which as we all know isn't
beyond the bounds of possibility for some people intent on sabotage. I look
forward to your reply.

I will try again later today. I wil certainly support any joint complaint.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
How did you use the Ford Internal system?

I would like to let them know about my concerns.

I attempted to send a message of their web site:

I have recently purchased a B-MAX and whilst travelling South from Blackpool on a motorway with my wife we thought we were going to be killed.
There was a 4 inch wide band of thick ice down the drivers side of the windscreen. There were also beads of ice along the length of the drivers side wiper blade. That blade was jumping over the ice and the banging down on the screen when it returned. It was not wiping away the driving heavy snow and road dirt from the drivers side making visibily totally inadequate.
There was very heavy traffic in all 4 lanes and we were in one of the centre lanes, trying to get to the hard shoulder to stop and clear the screen of ice and dirt.
When we did eventually stop I was in a hazadous place on the offside of my car trying to remove thick ice which was firmly stuck on the screen.
Please tell me why the passenger had an uninterrupted view at all times yet I the driver had restricted vision and continue to have restricted vision in rain and when road dirt is thrown up. It was actually necessary for me to lean over and look out of the passengers side of the screen.
Is is because my car is a continental one adapted for UK driving?

I received this reply:

<div ="epro-section"="">
<div ="epro-fields"="">
<div ="epro-field-label"="">Problem Processing Your Request

An unexpected problem has
occurred whilst trying to process your request. We have been alerted to
the problem and we shall resolve it shortly. We apologise for any
inconvenience this has caused and would ask you to try again later.

I tried again later and received the same error.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
637 Posts
I got the same automated response this morning about the site not being able to send my written query to them, this is why I ended up calling them directly instead. No wonder they think they have no complaints, they block the portal that allows people to complain.

·
Registered
637 Posts
makem said:
Today I was able to send a web message to Ford.

I have just tried again, seeing that the road was now clear (excuse pun).. I typed out my messages again on the ford website, and again I was told that it was having problems and that my message was not sent.

Hi Makem, could you possibly post the URL to the form you used on the Ford site, in caseI am somewhere completely different to you.. I would appreciate it.

I was using :http://www.ford.co.uk/Footer/ContactUs and then pressing the 'GeneralInquiries' link

·
Registered
637 Posts
Idon'tunderstand why I cannot send using their link, I have just tried again with the link you provided, and I still get the message : -

<div ="epro-field-label" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small; line-height: 15px; padding: 10px 0px 5px; font-weight: bold;">Problem Processing Your Request

<div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small; line-height: 15px;">An unexpected problem has occurred whilst trying to process your request. We have been alerted to the problem and we shall resolve it shortly. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and would ask you to try again later.

<div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small; line-height: 15px;">

<div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small; line-height: 15px;">I will try again later.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Davis_Zadian said:
Idon'tunderstand why I cannot send using their link, I have just tried again with the link you provided, and I still get the message : -

<div ="epro-field-label"="" style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small; line-height: 15px; padding: 10px 0px 5px; font-weight: bold;">Problem Processing Your Request

<div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small; line-height: 15px;">An unexpected problem has occurred whilst trying to process your request. We have been alerted to the problem and we shall resolve it shortly. We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused and would ask you to try again later.

<div style="font-family: Arial; font-size: x-small; line-height: 15px;">I will try again later.

Try Twitter, maybe they open the gate when they see your message!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Ireceivedthe promised letter today from Ford, where they have put in writing that thecap lesssystem is perfectly safe from the tank being compromised in either direction.

They waffle on for 6 paragraphs about how safe the system is, and how they tested thelab coats, that the engineers wore, with different fabric softeners before allowing them to even start thinking about redesigning a new fuel input system,
and that they had at least 5 strokey beard meetings about what to call the newcap lessfuelling
system......... (they went with "Cap-lessFuellingSystem"....ingenious

)

At the bottom of the letter
it did say in big bold letters:-

"..The information contained here is PRIVILEGED and CONFIDENTIAL and intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited..."

Under pain of death no doubt..... I did not think they would ever send me one, but they did. I will now draw their attention to this letter if/when something happens to my fuel tank.

As a suggestion, any communications to ford that members of the club make, should indicate that it is on behalf of the BMAX CLUB, so that any responses can be shared under theirpolicy's. (<i style="line-height: 1.4;">intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed).[/i]

I would have posted the response word for word otherwise.

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

21 - 40 of 44 Posts