Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone looked into the "new" type of petrol being released in autumn this year ?
Apparently it's to cut CO2 emissions from petrol engined cars, but cars built before 2011 and motorcycles may not be able to use it. A vehicle check is available online to see if your car can use the fuel or not. ( Check if your vehicle can run on E10 petrol )
Am i being cynical or is it another move by government to push us all towards EV's ?

·
Super Moderator
551 Posts
Has anyone looked into the "new" type of petrol being released in autumn this year ?
Apparently it's to cut CO2 emissions from petrol engined cars, but cars built before 2011 and motorcycles may not be able to use it. A vehicle check is available online to see if your car can use the fuel or not. ( Check if your vehicle can run on E10 petrol )
Am i being cynical or is it another move by government to push us all towards EV's ?
all B-Max petrol cars will run fine on e10, so no its not a push to electric, but more to renewable fuel.
however,
I only use 'E0' fuel**, since the car does such low mileage, and I don't want the fuel to deteriorate by absorbing water from the air.

** esso synergy supreme

·
Registered
Bmax 1.5 D Titanium
7 Posts
As of Xmas 2021 there have been many complaints regarding E10 fuel. Loss of power, engine spluttering, reduced mpg.
Drivers having to fill up more often, more tax for the government.
The main problem I see with EV's is the ability to charge. In older town areas there are streets where the front of the house is within 10 feet of the road. Long terraced streets where charging will be virtually impossible.

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have not noticed any differences in using E10 fuel against the E5 fuel.
Hope i haven't tempted fate by saying so lol.

·
Registered
185 Posts
E10 isn’t new. It’s just new to the UK
It’s been used in European Countries for a long time.
Just don’t use it if you’re not going to use your vehicle for several months.
And only use E5 in lawnmowers.

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A conundrum.
If you had, say, half a tank of E10 fuel and decided to listen to the chatter about it, and you then filled up with E5 fuel, would the ethanol content in the tank ( E10 ) be diluted by the fuel you top up with ( E5 ) ?
Or does it make no difference ?

·
Super Moderator
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well after a month of using the E5 petrol i have to retract my above statement about there being noi difference to E10.
I have noticed i am getting, according to the onboard display, 7 miles more per gallon running around town, not been on a lengthy journey yet so cannot report on mpg for that.
The car also picks up better and faster and seems to run smoother and quieter.
E5 may cost a few quid more per fill up but i'll stick to it from now on.

·
Registered
2013 1.0 Ecoboost 100bhp
3 Posts
I've only used E10 when I've had no choice (No E5 available) as I've noticed my 13 plate 1.0 litre Ecoboost dosent run as smooth, or as economically on the newer E10. So I always fill up with E5 whenever I can and if I have to get E10 I normally get E5 as soon as possible afterwards so it strengthens up the E10 in the tank a bit

1 - 10 of 10 Posts