Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have my driving test in the morning in my b max. Im very worried incase the engine management chimes up as it has got worse the last 2 weeks.

Any tips on how to stay calm for the test?

·
Registered
103 Posts
stay calm try & enjoy the drive & remember what you learned...I thought i'd be trying forever when I sat my test in the end took me 2 attempts

GOOD LUCK!!!! (let us know how you get on)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cheers mate. I will keep you all updated, roads should be quite clear as my test is at 10:24

·
Registered
54 Posts
tonyb89 said:
Have my driving test in the morning in my b max. Im very worried incase the engine management chimes up as it has got worse the last 2 weeks.

Any tips on how to stay calm for the test?

When the Engine Malfunction (and it will be 'when') just slow right down, indicate to pull in if safe, stop the car, switch off the engine, re-start the engine and carry on as if nothing happened. (If you're on a by-pass make sure you put your Hazard lights on).
You'll get brownie points for staying calm.
By the way, your car need to return to the dealer to have the computer completely re-installed. I had the problem for weeks and was yo-yo-ing back and forth to get it sorted with no luck until Ford UK got involved at my request and it has finally been fixed. It IS a software fault.

Good Luck for your Test xx

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i passed with no minors at all, very proud of myself to get a clean sheet because my anxiety was under control :D

·
Registered
418 Posts
Congratulations Toby !!!! Word of advice; now learn how to drive. It is a completely different ball game being unaccompanied. Just take care and remember the motor car is just as lethal as a gun, and wrong use can result in similar penalties.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cheers John. One thing i have always hated being a passenger is people driving stupid. Im 24 and 9/10 will have my kids in the car so i would never put there lives at risk by driving stupid. One thing in hating is since my L plates came of people are pulling out on me or cutting me up. It is a very different feel now as i don't have a instructor telling me but i will never stoop to there level. Im very greatful for your advice mate

1 - 12 of 12 Posts