Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all,

Went to the car this morning and the driver side mirror housing is not folding out when I unlock the car. Managed to move it manually out however its clear there's an issue somewhere.

The button by the door handle doesn't affect it (and moves the passenger side as expected) however I can adjust the mirror itself.

I've looked in the handbook for a fuse that controls the mirrors but cannot see it, does anyone know which one it is, and if its a different one for each side ??

If that fails does anyone know a good online source for replacements ?

Cheers

·
Registered
431 Posts
lots of places do the mirror assembly, - even euro car parts, (make sure you use their current online 'offer' to get a reasonable price).
note since you still have the original, you can re-use the cover, so no need to paint.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I would get someone competent to check the wiring before i bought any new part/s.
Could be something as simple as a broken wire.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I would get someone competent to check the wiring before i bought any new part/s.
Could be something as simple as a broken wire.
I would take a slightly different approach, get the part, and return it if not used.
this means you don't have to leave the car in pieces while getting the part.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses. The situation has been overtaken by the fact the car failed the MOT (fraying driver seatbelt) and I'm forking out an arm and a leg to get that sorted...

·
Registered
4 Posts
i had to manually fold mine whenever i am out of the car. i haven't had it fixed since all repair garages nearby are close! is there any tutorial online on how to repair broken side mirrors? i want to try to fix it myself. thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a problem with both wing mirrors refusing to open. I think I accidentally pressed the middle (lock car) button whilst in the car and both wing mirrors folded in. It’s a nightmare because I have a 50 mile journey ahead of me 😡😡😡😡😡😡

1 - 8 of 8 Posts