Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have been meaning to ask if anyone finds that adjusting the drivers seat from outside the vehicle is awkward due to the adjusting lever being situated under the inside of the seat. As my wife is considerably shorter than myself, if she has been driving and leaves the seat forward i cant get into the seat unless i move it back first and have difficulty reaching over and under the seat to gain access to the lever. Most other vehicles i have owned iether had the lever under the outer side of the seat, or afull cross handle.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Never really gave it a thought before, but you're right. I've just noticed the passenger seat has the lever on the inside too !

Could it be the seats are designed this way for left hand drive ??

·
Registered
51 Posts
hi all.. yes its a pain....one thing does annoy me about cars in britain..ever notice how the smaller part of the rear drop down is behind the driver..couple of times i needed to carry a long load and two passengers...ah no chance unless it was left hand drive

·
Registered
212 Posts
On the contrary, Mr. maxfan! it's more likely to have just ONE passenger when carrying big loads. So you are privileged! :>
Actually there's a "print" somewhere under the lower back side of the (front) passenger that shows it how it should be for the rest of Europe and even recommends it being used like that, but it's that way, as seen in a mirror, just for you! :>Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi maxfan, thanks for your views and those others who posted a reply. You are also quite right about the layout of the rear seats, i have allways thought that it related in some way to favouring left hand drive versions. There have been many times when i wished that the rear seats could be folded in the opposite configuration.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Sorry to disturb you with my insistence!.. The idea is that when I have to carry big stuff I only coud need just one more person to help me handling it (especially unloading at a remote place where there aren't people available). If that stuff isn't made of lead (Pb), the driver plus ONE other man can do the job. B-MAX, as we all know, IS a MPV, not a truck. So we have to chose other way to transport people; maybe another trip with the B-MAX full of (five) people!?..! :>
How would I easily carry a Christmas tree without bending the branches? (Or a coffin..!?) Of course by inserting it with the upper side toward the dash. Being a cone (or pyramid) like, there's need for this form available in the car as well. Q. e. d. :)
Otherwise it would be as a "C" form available. What stuff is more like to have this shape? :-?
Do you have such a "sticker"?
Edited by: vdragoslav

·
Registered
212 Posts
redfive said:
There have been many times when i wished that the rear seats could be folded in the opposite configuration.
Me too!!! I really NEED the configuration as described by the patch in the image! Unfortunately that is a bitter joke Ford did to non right side drivers, being impossible to comply to that interdiction!.. X(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts