Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi the drivers door on my new b max will not open but all the other doors will, it is not FROZEN and have had 2 RAC engineers out to look at it they have confirmed it is not, however it has gone back to the garage and the fault is not occurring . Both RAC men have said it could be the central locking solenoid on that particular door playing up however it looks to be an intermittent fault and it is not happening at the garage. Has anyone got any ideas please.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Idea!

Was it very cold on the day it occurred?

Was it not cold when the garage examined it?

Maybe the door was not frozen but maybe the actuator was stuck due to cold?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply have passed the info onto the dealer where the car is still at, we were told that they had also decided to go onto the web to try and find an answer. Will keep the forum informed of the outcome. Jamesboy

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Driving at 70mph on a straight windy (wind not bends!) road, I had messages pop up several times about the drivers door being open. The message flashed on and off so quick it could not be read except on one occasion. It occurred once at 60pmh on the same road but not at any other speed.

The fault appears to have been caused by wind pressure or vacuum caused by wind, on the drivers door and has not happened before in over 2000 miles of all types of driving.

The vehicle is due in next week for a courtesy check and fitting of various new parts to replace defective ones so will be checked then. I wonder if these messages are logged?

EDIT: Just found there is a thread about door messages, perhaps my post could be moved there? Sorry.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
54 Posts
COME ON FORD!

Mine is going back for the dealer to try and fix the door alarm for a third time.

As we can see from thenumerousposts is is a very common problem.

Time ford sorted it.!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts