Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I also have a rattle there too.

I can fix it temporarily by banging the shiny plastic strip which runs along the inner door handle with my fist. I also though tit was inside the door lining.

I have not investigated it further as I am selling the car.

However, the sound is small and sounds like something small rattling, check that strip by pushing it in whilst rattling. The strip is held in a groove I think and may have become loose in the groove.

Edited by: makem

·
Registered
238 Posts
I also have developed a rattle (buzzing) indicative of something loose in the driver's door, but also am getting rid so have not bothered to chase it.
The advice to get it to a main dealer while still in warranty seems sound to me,

Geri

·
Registered
7 Posts
I also have a rattle coming from the front drivers door,even with the radio turned off its there.
When I knock or press the speaker grill it goes away,I am going to book it in at the Dealers as its get much worse.If I wedge some CDs in the door pocket against the speaker grill it goes!
But to remove the door panel it looks like a big job!
My B Max is 3 years old at the end of January.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Strange, I have exactly the same, only of course in the passenger door. Assume it's the same (right-hand) door we are talking about.

It comes and goes. Very annoying to me. The Mrs is not really concerned though.

Seems to be mostly in a certain range of revolutions. It's a diesel.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Spot on, same door,if I press against the plastic trim it stops.
It's as if there's a little bit of plastic or small screw rattling about.
Had from New,62 plate,1-6 Deisel Titanium.17500 miles.
I think it will have to go in I can't keep turning the music up.
Cheers

·
Registered
57 Posts
My drivers side door has the same annoying rattle which comes and goes. Has anyone taken their car back to Ford for it to be looked at as this is obviously a problem ? I am going to mention it when my car goes in for a service in a few weeks as would like it sorted before the ford 3 year warranty runs out end of March 2016.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The doors have latches at both top and bottom and have "C" clips that are similar to the mechanisms for latching the rear seat backs. These I think are designed to float a little and follow the bracket they latch to due to the flex of the car on the move. They therefore rattle if the get stiff, try lubricating them with WD40.
Another thing I have done to get rid of plastic on plastic creaks is WD40 on the joins of the door handles. I apply this with a small stiff artist brush, the spade white stiff bristle type.
I have also brushed a small amount of pencil lead dust (graphite dry lubricant)' in the joint of the gloss central plastic above the radio as is creaks in the heat of sunny days,( I have a Titanium Ecoboost), I buy graphite at locksmiths or hardware stores as it is used to lubricate locks. You can file or sand a HB pencil to create it wipe away the excess, again don't be over zealous.
Hope this helpsEdited by: SeaPea

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did anyone manage to get rid of the rattle/vibration from the drivers door one person suggested wd40 but I cant see any replies saying it worked I have found that the drivers door doesnot always fully shut unless slammed and I tink this has done something to the lining

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi Steve, I had the same problem it was doing my head in ! In the end I forced the black shiny strip off near the door handle thought it was going to snap but it didn,t it just popped off. Then you will see some screws that's the problem they were lose,so screwed them tight put the shiny black strip back on which was easy just line up the studs and push hard. I have not had the dreaded door rattling since !
Good luck with it ! Carl,

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for this,
My last B-Max developed this problem during the third year, and although it drove me nuts when it was happening it was intermittent so I could not be bothered to chase it. Now we all have the solution, we can get onto the Dealers under warranty if it starts, and tell them what needs doing.

Geri

1 - 20 of 26 Posts