Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

My girlfriend and i have just bought a used, 2012 B-max 1.6 turbo diesel Trend. But we have problem.
The driver side door will not lock. Does not matter if we use the key or the central-locking remote. All doors lock but the driver side one.

I seem to have read in another post that if the fuel cap does not lock either, then i could be an issue with a fuse. I can confirm that the fuel cap does not lock also.

Does anybody know if this could be an issue with a fuse? im not the most technical car guy, so would just like to hear if anybody have had this problem and fixed it by replacing a fuse.

Thank you in advance :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
If i were you , having just bought the car , i would go back to the dealer and tell them you want it sorted out.It's a security issue that could invalidate your insurance if the company you use wanted to nit pick.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello Wiggy
I have spoken to the dealer, and they have said that they would take care of it, not a problem there. I just live an hour and a half drive from the dealer where we bought it. So if i could save the trip and just replace a fuse, i would be willing to swap that. Would be cheaper for me to buy a fuse and swap it, than paying for fuel for an 3 hour round trip to the dealer :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
As you mentioned that the other doors were locking ok i would tend to think that the fuse was alright.
It seems more likely that the actual lock has failed in some way and needs a repair or replacement.
As for the fuel cap, i'm not sure if it locls or not. I have never checked mine but i will do so and report back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If i were you , having just bought the car , i would go back to the dealer and tell them you want it sorted out.It'security issue that could invalidate your insurance if the company you use wanted to nit pick.
As you mentioned that the other doors were locking ok i would tend to think that the fuse was alright.
It seems more likely that the actual lock has failed in some way and needs a repair or replacement.
As for the fuel cap, i'm not sure if it locls or not. I have never checked mine but i will do so and report back.
My hopes are that the fuse has just gone. But a lock replacement could be the case, and if it is so, then i will have to make the trip to the dealer. Would love to hear if the fuel cap locks on your car. Thank you again in advanced Wiggy :)

·
Registered
390 Posts
thinking about this, I guess its a fault with the physical lock in the door, rather than an electrical problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The fault was not the fuse, but the doorlock itself. just heard from the mechanic today

·
Registered
182 Posts
Nice to know you got it sorted.
Just for the record, my fuel filler cap does not lock, like others have said.
My understanding is that there is some sort or restriction in the filler neck that stops anyone pushing a hose into the tank and syphoning the fuel out so it does not need to lock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice to know you got it sorted.
Just for the record, my fuel filler cap does not lock, like others have said.
My understanding is that there is some sort or restriction in the filler neck that stops anyone pushing a hose into the tank and syphoning the fuel out so it does not need to lock.
Yes it was great to hear that he could fix it. Good to hear that the cap not locking is the intent. After what i could read also, there is no way of getting a hose down the tank, only a diesel filling nozzle will work. Thanks for the report Wiggy and for the help :)

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi,

There should have been a small (white?) funnel with the car, supplied when new. This allows fuel to be manually added to the tank, while the restriction impedes attempts to use a pipe to siphon fuel out. The funnel is supposed to make a locking cap unnecessary; and is incidentally much cheaper, though I have no doubt that bore no relation to the decision to go that route ;).

Stay Safe,

Geri

·
Registered
182 Posts
Hi,

There should have been a small (white?) funnel with the car, supplied when new. This allows fuel to be manually added to the tank, while the restriction impedes attempts to use a pipe to siphon fuel out. The funnel is supposed to make a locking cap unnecessary; and is incidentally much cheaper, though I have no doubt that bore no relation to the decision to go that route ;).

Stay Safe,

Geri
So that's what that little funnel is for!!!
Had the car a year and only just found out lol.
Nice one ! (y)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts