Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening All,

I'm excited to say that we ordered a 1.0L B-Max Zetec in Panther Black with privacy glass 3 weeks ago and have been eagerly awaiting its arrival to replace our ageing family car - an 8-year old C-Max which we're p/xing.

The biggest draw for us was the elevated driving position, the Ecoboost engine (and by association cheaper VED, insurance and fuel costs) and the rear sliding doors for manoeuvring the kids (3 and 1) in and out. As this car will be our main family runaround, we wanted something cheap to run but roomy enough so that a young family would survive a longer journey together.

Our car finished being built on 24th October. And that's where its stayed - or so we've been told. It hasn't been gate-released yet, so I can only assume we've been caught up in the remedial work Ford has had to do on the electrics and engine software update (details elsewhere on the forum).

This isn't too much of a problem - I would prefer to receive a car ready to go rather than face any kind of recall - but it has detracted from the whole 'buying a new car' experience. We originally had an estimated delivery date of November 17th. Reading other buyers' experiences, I see that some had their cars delayed by 3 or 4 weeks, so fingers crossed we're looking at delivery in time for Christmas (! Worst case scenario).

In the meantime, I've been getting my fix here or through reading the newer road-tests that have started trickling out again over the last week or so. We still haven't seen any B-Max's on the roads down south, although we've trained our 3-year old to keep his eyes peeled ! If people have time, it would be great to see some photos uploaded of your cars ! I'll pop back with an update once we have one. In the meantime:

Happy motoring all !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Had a phone call from our dealer this morning and they've confirmed that a faulty electrics/electronics(?)module is delaying the gate-release of cars. I'm told that we should have a revised release/delivery schedule by the end of the week. Fingers crossed !

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Hi and welcome to the site

I think the delays suffered elsewhere was to do with a software update being applied for the 1 litre engines? If its the same its roughly a week once they are in flushing.

It does distract a bit from the experience but at the end of the day it's better they've sorted it now than a month or two after purchase I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Our car is finally onroute to the UK ! Very excited ! Having ordered our B-Max over a month ago, it feels as though its taken forever just to get to this point. Our dealer tells us that Ford is expediting delivery to make up for the delay, so I'm banking on having the new set of wheels by the end of the month.

We're told our Zetec model is fitted with free Ford Sync and Active City stop. How are people finding these gizmos ? Useful or not ?

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Great news - hope it gets here quick for you

Has anyone tested out the Active City Stop yet? Or needed it to kick in?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I attempted it with two wheely bins but was too scared to drive up to them without my foot on the brake at the time. The bins were in a compound, full and close to the kerb so they would not give way. Maybe I will try again some time.

However I did mention trying it to a salesman and he made some comment (I forget what) which made me think it would not work. Maybe the laser system 'sees' a moving vehicle in front which suddenly stops, rather than a wall or something which does not move. That would make sense. Again, hard to test unless you put a tyre or something on the test car in front!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was told my Bmax has arrived in Gravesend today and advised it needs inspecting and registering and should hopefully have it at some stage next week.That's great you got the free Ford Sync, how did you find that out?
Hope mine comes with a freebie!!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After what feels like forever (just 2 months) I'm picking up our Zetec tomorrow morning. 1.0l Ecoboost in Panther Black with privacy glass. It should feel luxurious compared to our trusty but tired 8-year old C-Max. Based on all the positive reviews on here, I'm looking forward to it and hoping there are no teething issues. I'll post some pictures over the weekend and let you know my first impressions...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brilliant - very impressed. We've had our new B-Max for the weekend now and what a great family car ! We went for the Zetec with the 100PS Ecoboost engine and its been a revelation ! Not one for holding back, we've jetted around as we would do any other weekend, so there's been a fair mix of motorway driving as well as A and B roads. It's faster, smoother and has better acceleration than the 1.8l C-Max it replaced.

The rear slidey doors are great for our two boys. Concerns of where to park to get the baby seat in and out are long gone and our 3-year old happily clambers in to 'his' new car.

The Ford Sync-equipped in-dash comms/entertainment console was a pleasant surprise - voice commands actually work and its a pretty nifty bit of kit for someone who has upgraded from a single CD/radio stack. This was a freebie.

When collecting the car from the dealer I went through everything with a fine-tooth comb and I'm pleased to say that there were no issues. 2 days later and there's still nothing negative to report. If there's one thing that I wish we'd now had added to the spec, it would have been a rear spoiler. Its purely cosmetic, but to my eye it rounds the rear-end off nicely.

So, all in all, happy customer. Although its to early to tell, the B-Max appears to drink significantly less petrol than our C-Max. We'll see how it goes...

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Glad to hear such a glowing first report

I'm sure the spoiler can be ordered as an accessory and fitted through your dealer. Christmas present maybe
?

·
Registered
67 Posts
iLifer
glad you are enjoying the car I took delivery of a 1Ltr 120PS Titanium a few weeks ago and overall it is performing very well.

The city stop took some getting used to and the Sync was great once I had figured out the right commands to give the female computer voice
Mine in tectronic
silver which is probably not the most popular colour
but I like it.

Engine is very 'zippy' I had a Grand C Max 1.8 before and it was not as fast at acceleration as this is. I am not overjoyed with the location of the light switches, bit fiddly and I think they could have been placed in a more convenient place, particularly now in winter weather when you have a need for fog lights etc.

I have already made other posts on the Newby forum page, and still happy to report that overall it is a good car, very versatile and adaptable.

Oh yes I do miss the additional extra bits I had on the Grand CMax such as the overhead storage for sunglasses/coin holder/CD holder and storage tray to the right side of drivers seat
...no doubt these may be incorporated in future ''editions''

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
keytapper said:
The city stop took some getting used to and the Sync was great once I had figured out the right commands to give the female computer voice
Mine in tectronic
silver which is probably not the most popular colour
but I like it.
By what means did you get used to the city stop (Active City Stop?)?

I didn't think it was possible to test it unless you had a friend deliberately stop in front of you whilst both were moving together.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts