Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone who has a 100, or 120 Titanium tell me if there are door sill protectors fitted as standard please?My dealer seemed to think that this was the case, but can't confirm!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Doors44 said:
Hello fossil01
I have a 120 Titanium and door sill protectors were not standard. Had to buy them as additional parts.

What was the cost as additional components? and did that include fitting by a ford dealer?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have a Titanium 1.6 and the sill protecters are not supplied as standard even with x pack

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys. I shall have them fitted, as I found the same problem on a previous Fusion.I just wish [in the brochure I was given, they're shown on the model] that things like this are made clear by the b****y manufacturer
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Frustrating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Davis_Zadian,
I got quoted:- Front Door Sill pack is £51.56 + VAT, and the same for the Rear Door Sill pack.
The Tailgate 1 [covers over the top of the Rear Bumper] is £23.43 + VAT, but you have to get a piece of Double Sided Tape to go with this at a further cost of £14.06 + VAT

·
Registered
637 Posts
<div style="text-align: center;">

Hi Fossil01,

Thanks for getting the information for me, £25.78 per door for a 10cm bit of spring loaded plastic..... sigh...
Craziness... can I assume that fitting is also NOT part of the payment... ?

<div style="text-align: center;">

Edited by: Davis_Zadian

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Davis_Zidian

As I shall havethe Door Sill protectorsfitted prior to picking the car up, I don't think there will be any additional cost of fitting involved.
I'll let you know later, when I get back from the dealer

·
Registered
155 Posts
I bought 4 x stainless steel door sill protectors from Amazon for half the Ford price and fitted them in about 15 minutes to all four sills (£43.50) UNQSHOP @ Amazon

·
Registered
637 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Davis_Zadian
Nope, no charge for me as the dealer will fit the protectorswhile they do the P.D.I on the car. They also have to fit the spare wheel, and lay the floor mat in the load space
. Mind, while I'm looking around the car when I go to pick it up, I shall be checking the rear wiper for washing clearance etc
. I also don't allow them to place any advertising on any car I have from them - unless, of course, they wish to pay a rental space charge

·
Registered
637 Posts
You are so like me its uncanny. I also take off the advertising sticker under the central brake light in the back window... ha !! If I cant have my sticker that I have made, then they cant have theirs either..

I think I will ring my dealer this afternoon and remind them I am still here... as a friendly poke to say "where's my car !!!!! "..

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
They never get the chance to even place any stickers on the cars I have from them, as when I go in to purchase I give them a list of "WANT's", and "DON'T WANT's"
!!!
I've dealt with the same saleman for the last 15 years [he's now 72 years old], prior to that he was their Service Manager, so all in all, we've known each other over 30 years, as we used to play skittles together for the same team locally

He's never dealt with any other make of car through his whole career

·
Registered
117 Posts
Not sure these are genuine Ford ones - the review and it is the only one . . . . .
Ford B-Max Titanium sill kick plates.
There ok, The backs fit nice but the
fronts are the wrong shape was going to buy genuine front but there going to
look silly as theses are stainless steal and the others are not. These are half
the price and i can see why. Buy genuine Ford.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi fossil,If you have not got them yet they are cheaper from Allen Parts genuine Ford parts on Ebay or Amazon, check both websitesbecause sometimes Allen charges more on one site than the other, and they come with fitting instructions. The 2 sided tape is already attached to them and you peel off the backing and stick them down. EASY !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for answering my question before I had a chance to ask! My car is due to be delivered to dealer on Mon, so should hopefully get it sometime next week.
Since ordering it I have been thinking that I should get sill protectors but wasn't sure how they were fitted & whether I would be able to fit them myself, so really pleased to see the post. Thank you to everyone who contributes - it is really useful to read everyones comments.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts