Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - just purchased my new bmax eco boost in July - had problems with the locks. Returned to car after day at work and open door warning kept showing - after openin/ closing doors & boot I couldn't get the warning off. When I got home the locks wouldn't work or close the car! Eventually after about 1 hr I managed to get car locked. I'd phoned dealer who said to take car in for checking the following day. They adjusted the door - apperntly. Last week while at work the alarm went off for no reason! I opened door started engine - stopped engine and got same problem with doors! Unable to lock doors! After 1 hr managed to lock them. The cars been with the dealer all day and they can't find anything wrong ˜ž Has anyone else had this problem?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Check all your doors, maybe one of them isnt shutting properly. What about the boot or the sliding doors?

Actually could be the bonnet too - is that latched down correctly?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi! Did you solve the problem? (How?)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi in the end this problem happened so many times the garage came out whilst it was happening and agreed it must be a faulty door sensor. They took the car back and changed the sensor and not had a problem since. Edited by: Amandaf

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, we have just bought our 1st B Max 1600 zetec and are a tad concerned that it possibly isnt fitted with an alarm or immobiliser, we thought all new cars were fitted with these items as mandatory.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
If memory serves me correctly, the zetec and below doesn't have an alarm but the titanium and titanium x does. I believe all modela have imobiliser.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My TITANIUM doesn't have alarm:"Less Anti-Theft Alarm

With Engine Immobilizer - Integral
"

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
ah must only be the titanium x then.

Anyway, who would want to nick a b max?

·
Registered
212 Posts
In Italy someone attempted to. ;)There was a tentative on the test B-MAX:https://youtu.be/xW-RbXuNxqM
The B-MAX'es doors are so unique it is, as far as I know, IMPOSSIBLE to break & enter!.. :>

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Thats good then. Couldn't understand a word of the video though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts