Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just read an article by the Indepedent Motoring Correspodent
.Has anyone who owns a 'Titanium' model, or any of the range come to that,come across this gadget, that shoots out on the front doors, and wraps itself around the lip when they are opened to stop denting another vehicle, or the wall
!
It seems to look like a piece of black plastic situated in the centre of the door edge itself
I'll look forward to any response, as I've not heard about this 'piece of kit'
It's not listed in the brochure I had from my dealer.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
fossil01 said:
I've just read an article by the Indepedent Motoring Correspodent
.Has anyone who owns a 'Titanium' model, or any of the range come to that,come across this gadget, that shoots out on the front doors, and wraps itself around the lip when they are opened to stop denting another vehicle, or the wall
!
It seems to look like a piece of black plastic situated in the centre of the door edge itself
I'll look forward to any response, as I've not heard about this 'piece of kit'
It's not listed in the brochure I had from my dealer.
http://corkindependent.com/stories/...protector--averts-costly-scratch-repair-bills

·
Registered
637 Posts
In Makem's link it says "will be available on Ford Focus models in Ireland, with its debut as an option on the new Ford Focus ST which arrives here in September"... shame though, I do not know why they cannot push this feature out across all vehicles... :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Had my Titanium 1lt (120) for 6 weeks - like it a lot. I've never heard of the door edge protectors, sounds like a good idea. I'll 'phone the local Ford dealer.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I haven't heard of them either. I've had my bmax since 12th jan. Can't seem to be ably to get dab radio. I stay in the centre of Falkirk. Can anybody help.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Today I checked to see if the door edge protector could be retro-fitted.

I found a shaped piece of plastic (buffer) fitted in the position where the protector would go on the front doors. There was also a matching piece on the closing edge of the rear doors.

If these pieces are there due to the pillar-less door system, then I would think these protectors cannot be fitted to a B-MAX.

I take my car in for a courtesy check and fitted of replacement parts so will ask.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just had a message about the 'Door Edge Protector' from my localdealership.
Seems that the review in the Indepedent was using a trial vehicle
. Now you would have thought that Fords Media people would have made sure that the journalist was told this
I've also been told that this cannot be a retro service fit by any dealer for the foreseeable future

All I can say is - a clever piece of kit, which, in reality, ought to be fitted across the full range of models and not just the Focus

1 - 11 of 11 Posts