Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi im picking up a nautical blue b max at the weekend and am tempted with getting the scuff plates added for the boot and door sills. Has anyone got these fitted? Or those that dont has ur rear bumber got damaged loading the boot up?

Cheers
pete

·
Registered
52 Posts
Nblue
Got some aftermarket stainless steel scuff plates for my monndust silver titanium x. Probably a bit cosmetic as they look good and were half the price of the Ford parts. They do however protect the door lips when getting in and out. Also got a black ******* guard which protects the paint when you are putting things in the boot and doubles up as a handy seat for when putting my walking boots on !!
Got the scuff plates from www.lockwoodinternational.co.ukand the bumper guard from www.directcarparts.co.uk.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Some of you guys must be so proud of your cars, AND I am NOT criticising you, I am complimenting you. As for me I look after mine mechanically, but as regards cosmetics not a lot of interest. I suppose I live on the basis that tomorrow some prat may run into the back of me, or a delinquent run a scratch from front to back. It does happen !!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Had the Diamond protection treatment and a Protection Pack (front and rear rubber mats and boot liner, that were on promotion), thought the scuff plates were chronically overpriced tbh (the mats were bad enough even on promotion), and even living rural (making fluffy carpets ridiculous), the Fusion I had prior didn't have any scuffs, even without scuff plates, so didn't bother (though no kids getting in and out, so that would probably be pertinent to a decision).

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you for the two contact details for the scuff and sill protecting. This started me on the hunt for ideas and prices.
No doubt am attracted to the beautiful polished items but wonder how long they will stay that way? Anyone be prepared to comment on this? Am also attracted to the rubber type long strip cut as required,this very cost effective and looks as if it would be hard wearing. Also a carbon style (German made very inexpensive) has anyone experience of these low cost alternatives. I now have an almost new no scratchs no marks Picasso C4 Red,never had so beautiful a piece of kit and would love to keep it that way ,well at least as long as possible. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated.
Yes I did own a B Max and still enjoy this blog,to me it is the easiest one to navigate and most interesting contributors!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have all four sills fitted with "non ford" scuff plates for two years and they still look brand new, sourced them on Amazon.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you,but there is a great variety on Amazon,if you remember which would be grateful for info if not thanks anyway.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Hi arm987Go to Amazon,CAR AND MOTORBIKE, UNQSHOP,B MAXhope this helps, they also supply Picasso plates

Edited by: Gracow

·
Registered
132 Posts
Fitted rear bumper protector and lockwood sill guards to my new b max last week. Not difficult but just a little care and planning required,should be a straitforward task for anyone as i am 72 years old.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
125PS Titanium Ecoboost with heated seats, active city stop, city pack, auto start stop, spare wheel, privacy glass, panther black plus lot of road dirt.

It is a good work horse, coping with our two bikes, long flat packs and heavy loads of paving.

Just come back from a Heathrow run and it did well on the M25, always amazing me with its performance even compared to my previous T Sport.

·
Registered
212 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
The source is the Turkish B-MAX Club on facebook.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi vdrogaslav, most interesting that they have got better sill guards AND mats that we cannot find in the UK. More of interest is the light cream seats and interior as these are not a option here also. Were they available in your country?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yes they were. I ordered "Light Stone" on my B-MAX:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts