Ford B-Max Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hieverybody

Just taken my bmax to get the bouncing boot fixed at the dealer and mentioned that i get alarms on the screen and the chime going occasionally saying the drivers door is open when driving.

A bit disconcerting!

They said it has happened to a few including there demo car. The top fixing bracket needadjustingif it happens to you.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
COME ON FORD!

Mine is going back for the dealer to try and fix the door alarm for a third time.

As we can see from thenumerousposts is is a very common problem.

Time ford sorted it.!

And the boot stilldoesn'tshout first time!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine had same problem. Resolved by realigning door. Also had days when the door wouldn'topen so had to climb in through the rear door and open the front one. Anyone out there had issues with the heated front and rear screens - mine wouldn't work when it was cold! Garage have now replaced the module and put a new battery on. Hope this will fix it.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Nobody laughs at this post

I had a lot of aggro with moans and groans on the Juke that I sold. I corrected most them by lubricating door and seat catches where others thought that there were major problems and I posted on their forum accordingly.

When I first saw this post I thought there would be a big issue because my B Max was doing the same on both front doors. I checked the locking mechanisms and was very very surprised to see that there was no grease on them. I checked all catches around the vehicle and they were all greaseless. I thought this was done at pre-sale check.Any way, I have greased all catches all around the car and I have not had an alarm on the doors since greasing the catches.

Like in the Juke or anything as far as it goes, metal to metal does not work and when you go around a corner the doors will not move on the catches because of no lubrication and could well be setting off the alarm. When greased it allows them to move a little therefore keeping pressure on the door button.

If anybody greases like me and it stops the alarms then let us know

1 - 8 of 8 Posts