Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.. just recently noticed a knocking coming from the drivers side doors when going over bumps etc.
.does anyone know if there is a way to adjust them so i could possibly rectify this..thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Dont know how todo it, but ive read a few posts from others saying the dealer has done it for them.

In most cases, the rattle is coming from within the door rather than the fitting of the door. Sometimes entails removing the door trim and tightening any loose nuts and screws.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hl clanpars..thanks for reply...looks like an investigation weekend

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I should also say that a lot of the time, the rattles are actually coming from odds and ends i keep in the pockets or glove box.

Light rattles can come from the lock and window mechanisms but if the door fitting itself needs adjustment, the noises are heavier, more like thuds.

·
Registered
178 Posts
maxfan

Ihad something similar and discovered that moving the passengerseat forward stopped it. Very strange, but then is it a Ford.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hi all..just to let you know the bump has been cured...thanks to a little chat with a ford dealer we deal with..

turns out all that was required was a blob of thick grease on rear door lock...now drives lovely and quiet.....thanks for all your responses...

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I guess that my only concern here Ron is how long that blob of greas fix is going to last. I guess that if it lasts a few months, at least you can apply a fresh blob of grease yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts