Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2013 Zetec was due for service and I asked for a price from my local dealer. £314 was the reply, I declined the offer and did a bit of research on the WWW and ordered the Oil, air, oil and odour filter and spark plugs online from a Ford dealer for £152 delivered. I could have got non Ford parts a hell of a lot cheaper but thought I should give it one last treat!

The actual service took me 1 hour and 45 minutes, I used my small ramps and lay in the sunshine on the drive, actually it was quite pleasant.

The oil drain plug is at the rear of the sump, the filter is at the back of the engine and is a bit awkward to reach, mine had been tightened by the gorilla who tightens all the filters at my local place, I had to use a chain wrench to shift it but it came off OK.

The air filter is four screws and is easy, the plugs need a 14mm deep spark plug socket, luckily I was able to borrow one from my son, I must get one to add to my rather large tool collection. The plugs came out easily and I refitted the new ones with a smear of copperslip.

The pollen filter (odour filter say Ford, I assume it filters out those bad smells in the car)is under the drivers side tunnel side panel, one screw to remove it and pull the clips out, then three screws to remove the filter cover. It a bit fiddly getting the new one in, I managed by squashing it up a bit.

Check your brakes by removing the wheels and having a look, the rears on mine need the drum off so since I have only done 17k I left them alone.

I still have to change the brake fluid and will do that soon using my trusty "Easybleed".

I used various sockets, torx bits, and that 14mm deep socket and that's about it.

So, job done and I am quids in.

Geoff

EDITI have just ordered a rubber stamp for £10, just my name and address in a nice border, that will be used to stamp the book and I keep all receipts for parts so any future purchaser will have an honest service record, not that I am selling it, it has performed perfectly and I intend to put at least another 100k on it. If I live that long. I am 72.
Edited by: hallii

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK John, I must admit I no longer do the really hard jobs but somehow I feel I must keep going!
I went to the Doc and said "I have a pain in back" he asked when do you get it?" I replied "Last time was when I lay on my back doing a service ( on my old Land Rover)" . He looked at me for a few seconds and said "At your age have you considered not doing that?" "No, not really" I said, "Ok" he said, "here are some Cocodamal".

By the way, the b max seems more responsive and definitely quieter on tickover, maybe the oil (Magnatec Ford spec) is better than whatever is in the big steel drum at the dealers.Edited by: hallii

·
Registered
242 Posts
Well done Hallii and rest assured, although you may be older than me I shall be doing exactly the same when my bmax hits 3.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts