Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, still getting used to the b max but have come accross some display info that i could do with some help on:

Under the MPG meter, there appears to be a digital temperature guage with a themometer to the left, then a C for cold and a H to the right. Does anyone know what temperature this is measuring as i can find no reference in the manual.

Also, in the menu, the following options are greyed out:

Ford eco mode
Vehicle settings
System check
My key
Set date

Additionally, Accuweather appeared in the Apps menu, then didappeared and will not reappear.

If anyone could help with these it would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks John. What apps have you managed to get to work?

Accuweather said it was not compatible but still worked, then stopped. I will try your suggestion of turning the engine on

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Odd that the manual does not document the temp gauge though your link explained all. A temp gauge is a very usrful thing.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How odd that the engine needs to be running to show the greyed out items, but ive now been able to set the info and warning chimes and find out that i have 5 petals in each of the 3 eco categories.

That will change once running in is complete though.

Currently 260 miles on the clock in 9 days and really enjoying the car. Only just managing to maintain 40 mpg though with this granny style driving.

Surprisingly, town driving did not hit the mpg as much as i was expecting. Probably due to not using enough revs for the turbo to kick in.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Not sure what you mean by apps (phone apps ?) If so, I don't have any !

F.Y.I re MPG, my car now 2 yrs old ,18,000 miles (in for service today) and it averages 42/43 urban and 47/48 on a long run.

I'm happy with that.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, phone apps. The only 2 it recognises are Fordpass and Accuweather.

Seems like a bit of a pointless system unless you use it with Spotify or one of the compatable mapping apps. And you need an always on connection to the cloud, which can get expensive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts