Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253; "><div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">If you are thinking of taking out a GAP insurance product then we've managed to secure a great deal on already heavily discounted insurance policies taken out through ALA.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">All Club members will receive a 5% discounttoo - just follow the link below:

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">http://www.ala.co.uk/r/?r=Carforumand use code:forum123

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Have you thought about gap insurance?
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">From the moment you drive your car away from the dealer forecourt its value automatically depreciates. This depreciation will increase drastically over the course of you owning that car.
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">You may not be aware but should the worst happen and your vehicle is stolen or is involved in an accident where it is damaged beyond repair, even if you have fully comprehensive insurance, you will only receive the current market value as a payout from that insurer.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">This could result in a shortfall of up to two-thirds of the value of the vehicle in as little as 3 years. Crucially a motor insurance company may not pay enough to settle the outstanding finance on the vehicle.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">By purchasing GAP insurance this shortfall can be prevented. A GAP policy covers the difference in price between the initial price paid for a car and the market value payout by your comprehensive insurance company. It therefore ensures that you don't suffer the financial loss otherwise associated with the loss of your car through theft or irreparable damage.

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Are you thinking this will never happen to you?.........
<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"><ul>[*]UK Car Crime is a third of all crime[*]A vehicle is stolen every minute, 33% of these are never recovered[*]Cars depreciate by up to 77% over a 3 year period[*]Motor insurance settlements are always less than the price you pay for your car[*]When a write off occurs you lose out and have to raise the funds for any short fall[*]Write offs occur all too often; protect yourself![/list]Why ALA?

<div style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Market Value Clause
Make sure there isn't one! This clause means that the GAP company will only pay from the Glass's Guide Retail value. If your Comprehensive Insurer settles for less, you could well end up with a shortfall.ALAdoes not have one.

Maximum Value Clause
You don't want one of these either! This means that the value of your car is typically capped at 105% of Glass's Guide Retail value. If you have added some extras, which is very common, these extras may not be covered under your GAP policy.ALAdoes not have one.

Free Transfer
Of any unused premium and FREE policy amendments.ALA offers this.

Claim Period
If you have ever suffered a Total Loss Claim, you will know the level of stress it can cause, you may even forget to contact the GAP Insurer straight away. The better policies will give you 120 days to make a claim, lesser policies limit this to 30 days.ALAoffers 120 days.

UK Registered Insurers
Buying from a UK insurer means that it is directly authorised and regulated by the FSA, which in turn offers you policy protection under the Financial Services Compensation Scheme, will give you the security you need. Other GAP providers use off-shore insurers, who, although licensed to sell GAP Insurance in the UK, ultimately can step away from their obligations without redress.ALAare UK registered.

Extra features now available - all with our exclusive benefit!(Only when purchased with GAP)

<div style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">Alloy Wheel Insurance
<div style="font-weight: bold;">ALA Alloy Wheel insurance covers your car's Alloy Wheels for the repair of light, accidental damage.

Policies are available for up to 3 years with the ability to make up to 3 claims per years over the course of the policy.

Tyre Insurance
<div style="font-weight: bold;">ALA Tyre Insurance repairs or replaces the tyres on your car, light van or motorcycle when damaged either accidentally or maliciously. Cover can be purchased for up to 3 years with up to 5 claims over the course of the policy.

<div style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">
<div style="font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;">Scratch and Dent Insurance
<div style="font-weight: bold;">ALA Scratch and Dent insurance covers the cost of minor body damage to your car, occurring within the geographical limits of the UK.

Policies are available for up to 3 years with the ability to make up to 3 claims per years over the course of the policy.

Unsure about ALA?
I've had a lot of people ask if this cover is as good as their dealers and if so why is it so cheap. Well to put it bluntly - your dealer is making a lot of money off this product! GAP insurance from ALA is as good as or exceeds many products that your dealer offers. If you want to read up a little more - here is an article from Honest John:http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/gap-insurance/what-is-gap-insurance/

Real life testimonialfrom a customer who made a GAP Insurance claim with ALA Insurance Brokers:

""ALA with my loss were great on the phone and within 3 weeks of notifying them I had a cheque in the post, so I would recommend that you use ALA Insurance Brokers"

Graham Jones

Edited by: Dan

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I did a quote without Tyre, Alloy Wheel and Scratch &Dent @ £104 for £10,000 difference. So, I wonder what the £399 covers?

I
always thinks, what appears to be too good to be true usually is. So, I
would need to see all the details and make a true comparison. I hope it
is true and will check with the dealer what they cover.

I assume any Ford dealer will give the same quote?
I remember being offered it but I turned it down as being to much to
deal with at that time, knowing I can deal with it as a separate matter
later.

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have been assured that the policy offered by ALA is as good as any dealers

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Also - when buying they now offer Tyre, Alloy Wheel &Scratch & Dent cover - all included in our discount scheme

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hi Dan, fossil 'ere.I've had a look at this ALA lark, but I'm confused [not difficult believe me]
!
The site options seem to be for Financed vehicles, or Lease vehicles. I don't see anything that relates to outright owned vehicles. Am I being dense, or have I missed sommat
???

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi fossil01Click the link, click on car and answer the question whereby options of vehicles come up.
By the way Ive use them for my last 3 cars and their policies are cheap and transferable. Any unused premium can also be transferred to a new car when you change

·
Premium Member
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
As above - click on car, then under type of cover click YES and the following is what I think you need:

"For new or used vehicles up to 7 years owned outright, on finance including PCP or a personal loan"

·
Registered
251 Posts
Just for the info.The reason I use ALA and have done for my last 3 cars is the cheap price. If you haven't asked yet Makem, you will find that nearly all dealerships are charging around £299 upwards for the same cover so look at themark up they are getting. Its crude !

Also for anybody else who has, or who will be picking up their B Max, I picked mine up on the 25th of February and I was offerd a Tyre and Alloy insurance by Ford which I accepted because of the cheap cost compared to other companys.

Fords own was £279 for 3 years cover, and it covers you for 2 tyres and 2 alloys per year 6 tyres and alloys over the 3 year period. A very good priceconsidering that the ones I found on the internet including ALA was about the same price but for 1 year. So if you have or have not got your vehicle yet, ask your dealer about the Ford Tyre and Alloy insurance.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
I must be strange!

I drive in such a way that I do not damage the alloys often. If I did happen to kerb one which is very unlikely, then I accept it as I would a bang by another cars door in a car park. After all, it is just a car, not a valuable painting.

As for tyres, well, if I get a puncture I take off the wheel and have it repaired. I have only once in many years had damage that could not be repaired.

Maybe the tyre insurance is directed at those people who didn't buy a spare wheel and who have the have a new tyre after every puncture?

I prefer to save towards another car rather than keep the current one looking good. Whatever you pay will not affect the depreciation to any great extent imo.

·
Registered
10 Posts
This is a very good discount compared to what Ford offered me. At first I didn't think it was right but I've done my research and ALA seem like a very respected company.

·
Registered
242 Posts
For new bmax owners, I mean newly registered bmax owners. Before you purchase gap insurance, check your new car insurance policy. Small print usually includes, should your car be declared a total loss within the first 12 months a new car will be provided by your insurance company. Thus negating the need for gap insurance for the first year anyway. Then just go down the guaranteed value route.
just a thought to save money.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I looked at that but you have to have recently purchased your car to take out GAP insurance. It doesn't look like it would let you run for a year on your car insurance and then after 12 months buy GAP from here.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts