Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this sounds silly but the front wheels on my bmax are covered in a thick black sooty layer yet the back ones are perfectly clean. Anyone else have anything similar? Checked all fluid levels.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Snoozed, now that you have been reassured, I am afraid to say that unless you regularly clean all that off, it will corrode the alloy wheels. The brake dust will lead to pitting if not removed.
There are plenty of alloy wheel cleaners from Halfords and the such like.

Good luck

·
Registered
155 Posts
every car I have had with disc brakes has brake dust deposits on front wheels, this is not B Max created issue!

·
Registered
149 Posts
JimmyH^_^ said:
Hi mate..yes this is normal..as our front wheels are what we use for steering..also the front axles have brake discs and pads where as the rears dont as they only have shoes..
As above in earlier post ;)

didnt get around to cleaning ours last weekend..will try this weekend :)

Edited by: JimmyH^_^

·
Registered
106 Posts
Just a thought˜±
I have noted over the years that the rim quality has a lot to do with ease of cleaning. Good quality alloy seems to throw the brake dust of with ease when cleaned with power hose whilst lesser quality would appear to be still showing a dirty colour no matter how much you clean. I have not found the B Max rims easy to keep clean. The design of the spokes also has a lot to do with this.
Hi ho the winter comes and the whole business starts again˜¢
arm987

1 - 10 of 10 Posts