Ford B-Max Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Compared to my Fiesta, I have noticed that the back end of the B Max gets a lot dirtier. Whereas in the Fiesta, I didn't have to use the rear wiper much, In the B Max, I need it on most of the time in bad weather.

Surprised that a slightly different shape makes so much difference. Has anyone else noticed how the back and rear window get so much dirtier?

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yes, I've noticed this too. Like you, I had a new Fiesta previously and the B Max does get a dirtier rear - (and mud flaps don't make any difference.) Strange but true !

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, I thought mdflaps might help, but perhaps not then.

My guess is that the rear en of the Fiesta is more raked compared to the flat rear end of the B Max.

The Fiesta is obviously more streamlined.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That was the first thing I noticed on my (sorry the wife's) B-Max, a very grubby backend. I was thinking about mud flaps on but first i stuck a dash-cam on the back window, and it showed most of the spray was coming up from underneath the centre of the vechicle before doing nice little vortex movements and landing on the rear end.Not too sure if a full set of flaps might just make a little difference.

Cheers John

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hadn't thought of putting the dashcam on the back window, but you've saved me the trouble.

Vortices coming up all around the back end and not from the wheels suggests that it is related to the shape of the floorpan or undertray along with perhaps the shape of the rear bumper and that the back is quite tall and flat.

Might also explain why vans get very dirty at the back after I have maligned van drivers for not cleaning their vehicles for years.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hi all, for what it's worth, i found that after fitting a full set of genuine mudflaps, the problem of a mucky rear end was in my case improved. However the problem is one that all tall flat rear ended vehicles are known to suffer from so i surpose we will just have to live with it.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I bought one in Magnetic (metallic grey) in the hope that it would not show the dirt so much. I think silver is probably the best colour for this though as the salt on the roads dries out a silvery colour on the car.

My neighbour has a silver car and it always looks clean, even though he doesn't wash it a lot.

Every time I go out in the B Max, it looks like it needs cleaning again.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ah, well spotted. I didnt notice them.

Actually, double pipes can be fitted to any silencer box. Chrome ones look best though.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Would be difficult tor them to argue that one. They are mainly concerned with performance enhancing modifications.

My experience of motor insurers and claims has been pretty good over the years other than the fact that they can be a bit slow.

My sons car was recently written off by a small bump in the rear and they paid out nearly 2x what we estimated it was worth.

However, I do know how to play insurers and have helped many friends and family members taking photos of the scene, drawing diagrams, quoting sections of the highway code and sending google earth images, etc.

I've also helped to fight 2 claims that went to the MIB as a result of uninsured drivers. It's grown to be a bit of a hobby.Edited by: cianpars

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.