Ford B-Max Forum banner

Diesel Good Buy ?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  HUMBLEPIE 
#1 ·
At present I have a BMax auto which is in its 5th week awaiting a clutch pack I have only had the car 3 months. I am thinking of cutting my losses and when its repaired moving it on and getting a diesel version is anyone aware of any issues with them and should I go for 1.5 or 1.6, any advice will be gratefully received.

#3 ·
Stay away from the 1.5l 75hp!.. ;;)
I ordered 1.5l 95hp (that indeed replaces the 1.6 95hp).Edited by: vdragoslav

#4 ·
jackkook said:
I like the 1.5 better.
How is it? Please describe! ;;)
When can I feel those 215 Nm?
I see in ETIS that the axle ratio is 3.37; compared to 1 l 120 hp, where it is 4.06 (if I remember well). How do you feel the traction when fully loaded and starting uphill? :-?

#5 ·
Posts and reports I have read all seem to suggest that the 1.5 diesel 95 bhp is a decent car and engine combo ands is pretty economical too.

But as always, avoid the auto gearbox unless its absolutely necessary.

Ive not read of any dissatisfaction with this engine.

#6 ·
The 1.5 is a much more flexible engine, I have never had it fully loaded but I am sure it will be OK. It has now done 7000 miles ave MPG 65+, I find the computer is very accurate, when I have tested it fill to fill it is sometimes over and sometimes under by about 1.5 MPG.

#8 ·
I have a 2013 1.6 Tdi and am very pleased wiih it. On mixed mileage I get 56-60 mpg and the very worst I have had was 45 and that was exclusively short journeys where the engine was never getting warm. I have found it far more flexible than the previous Seat Diesel I had and its rather a nice motorway cruiser, helped by the fact that I have the Titanium model with cruise control. The caveat is they are a little more expensive but if you are doing a decent mileage you should definitely consider it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.